ULSAT or UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test is organized by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun. The test is organized at the university level. Candidates will get admission to BA LLB, BBA LLB and B.Com. The admission to these undergraduate law courses can also be done on the basis of CLAT merit or LSAT merit. However, only 20% admission will be taken in this way for BA LLB, BBA LLB, B.Com, LLB and B. Tech LLB. courses, rest of the seats will be allocated on the basis of ULSAT merit. Also, check the details of AP LAWCET (Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test).
ULSAT 2019 Application Form
The application form will be available in both online and offline mode. Candidates can be bought the application form by paying the prescribed amount. The online application form will be available on the official website of the authority. Candidates have to enter personal and academic details in the application form. Candidates should submit the application form within the time period prescribed by the authority after the due date candidates’ application form won’t be accepted.
- The application fee for Indian residents is Rs. 1850.
- Foreign residents have to pay $ 75 as application fee.
- The application fee can be paid in the online mode using credit Card Card/ Debit Card or Internet Banking.
- Candidates can also pay the application via DD (Demand Draft). The demand draft should be drawn in favour of UPES Fee Account, payable at New Delhi/ Delhi.
ULSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for ULSAT 2019 are as follows:
Age: The date of birth of a candidate must fall on or after 1st October 1997.
On the basis of ULSAT:
- For admission to BA LLB (Hons)/ BBA LLB (Hons)/ BCom LLB (Hons), candidates must have passed 10th and 12th examination from a recognized education board. Candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in the 10th and 12th examination.
- Candidates who are seeking admission to BSc LLB must have passed 12th from science stream. Candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in aggregate.
- Candidates who are seeking admission to LLM course must have passed LLB from a recognized university and also should have secured at least 50% marks in 10th and 12th examinations.
On the basis of CLAT/ LSAT:
- Candidates seeking admission to BA LLB (Hons) / BA LLB (Hons) and LLB Hons) must have passed 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized education board with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates must have secured CLAT Rank up to 10,000 or LSAT India score of 60 percentile or above.
On the basis of Board Merit
- Candidates seeking admission to BA LLB (Hons)/ BBA LLB (Hons)/ BCom LLB (Hons) courses must have secured at least 85% marks in best five subjects in 10th and 12th examinations form a recognized education board.
- Among the top five subjects, one subject should be English.
Candidates who full fill the above-mentioned criteria don’t need to appear in ULSAT such candidates will be shortlisted for the further round of admission on directly.
ULSAT 2019 Important Dates
The schedule of ULSAT will be as follows:
|Sr. No.||Activity||Important Dates|
|1.||The release of application form||the First week of November 2018|
|2.||Ending of application form||The third week of April 2019|
|3.||The release of Admit Card||Fourth week of April 2019|
|4.||Date of Exam (Online)||Second week of May 2019|
|5.||An announcement of Result||June 2019|
|6.||GD/ PI round||June 2019|
|7.||ULSAT counselling will commence from||June 2019|
ULSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The pattern of the exam will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in online mode only.
- Total Questions: There will be a total 150 questions asked in the exam.
- Question Type: The exam will contain objective type questions.
- Total Time Duration: Candidates will be having 3 hours to complete the exam.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answers, candidates will be given 1 marks.
- Sections: There will be 5 sections in the exam of following topics:
- Quantitative & Numerical Ability;
- Legal GK;
- Logical Reasoning;
- Legal Aptitude and;
- Language comprehension.
ULSAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit card will be released in online mode. Candidates who have registered for the exam will be able to download the admit card from the official website. It is compulsory to carry admit card along with one photo id proof at the exam center on the day of the exam. Candidates’ roll number, examination venue and other details will be mentioned on the admit card. Without admit card candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall. Also, check the details of All India Bar Examination (AIBE-12).
ULSAT 2019 Result
The result will be released in the month of June 2019. Candidates have to enter roll number to check the result. The conducting authority will release the ULSAT result in online mode on the official website. On the basis of marks secured by the candidates, the authority will prepare the merit list. The result card comprises of candidates marks in the entrance exam. Also, check AILET (All India Law Entrance Test).
ULSAT 2019 GD/ PI Round (Interview Round)
The result card of the candidates will comprise of their status regarding qualification in GD/ PI round. The GD/ PI round will commence in the month of June 2019. The GD/ PI will be held in the nine Indian cities. Candidates must come prepared for both group discussion and personal interview rounds.
ULSAT 2019 Counselling
The counseling will be organized in June 2019. Candidates who will qualify the entrance exam, GD/ PI round will be called for the counseling. The counseling will be organized in offline mode at the UPES Dehradun campus. Candidates have to bring their original documents at the time of counseling. After the allotment of seat, candidates have to submit the admission fee for the confirmation of the admission. Candidates who full fill the above-mentioned criteria don’t need to appear in ULSAT such candidates will be shortlisted for the further round of admission on directly.
How to Apply for ULSAT 2019
Candidates have to follow the steps given below to fill the application form:
Online Application Form
- Visit the official website of the conducting body.
- And complete the registration details.
- Now, log in to fill the application form.
- After filling the application form make the payment of the application fee.
- Get the hard copy of the application form for further use.
Offline Application Form:
- After filling the application form candidates have to submit it to the UPES Dehradun Campus along with the Demand Draft of prescribed application fee.
- Candidates must fill the application form with correct details.
- The application form should be sent via speed post or the same can be submitted in person.