PGIMER Chandigarh Admission 2020
The Applications are invited through an advertisement (countrywide) in the major newspapers usually during Sept./Oct. and March/April for the January and July admission sessions respectively. The entrance examination for PGIMER Chandigarh Admission 2020 will be held in December for the January session and in June for July session. Here in this article, we have updated you all information regards your PGIMER Chandigarh Admission 2020. So candidates can check their admission dates in the below paragraph of the given articles.
PGIMER Chandigarh Admission 2020 Details
PG Institute of Medical Science and Research (PGIMER) was established with the support of 1st Indian Prime minister Mr Jawaharlal Nehru and started in 1962. The institute is a self-governing institute under the Parliament Act in 1967. PGIMER 2020 Application Form. PGIMER Chandigarh Admission 2018: The candidates can apply for PGIMER Chandigarh 2020 In the month of September 2020. So fill the application form before the last date.
PGIMER Chandigarh Admission 2020 Application Form
Announcement: The application forms for the B.Sc. nursing are available now. From 9th June 2020 to 8th July 2020 all the applicants can apply. The students can now fill the application form in online mode.
PGIMER 2020 Chandigarh Application Fee
Students who are applying for PGIMER 2020 July session can pay the fee through SBI Bank Challan.
- The application fee for General category candidates is 1000/- Rupees.
- For SC/ ST category students, the application fee of Rs. 800/- should be paid.
- The PWD candidates do not have to pay the application fee. Check NEET 2020 Application Form.
PGIMER 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- To get admission in MD/MS courses, the student must have the M.B.B.S or equivalent Degree recognized by Medical Council of India.
- To get admission in M.D.S programmes, the candidate should have the B.D.S Degree from PU (Punjab University) recognized under Dental Council of India.
- Students must have the MD/ MS Degree for admission in DM course.
PGIMER Exam Dates 2020 (July Session)
Here, we are mentioning the tentative exam schedule of PGIMER For DM/ M.Ch/ MHA/ PhD /House Job/ M.Sc / M.Sc (MLT):
Check B.Sc. Nursing Examination Dates
|Sr. No.||PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing Events||Dates|
|1||Commencement of Submission of Online Applications||9 June 2020|
|2||Last date for Submission of Online Applications||8 July 2020|
|3||Last date for Application Fee Payment||12 July 2020|
|4||Date of Exam||12 August 2020|
Check ICMR JRF Examination Dates
|1||Submission of Online Applications||12 April 2020|
|2||Submission of Online Applications Last date||22 May 2020|
|3||Application Fee Payment Last date||26 May 2020|
|4||Date of ICMR JRF Examination||22 July 2020|
PGIMER Chandigarh 2020 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
For B.Sc. Nursing
- 100 questions will be asked.
- 0.25 marks are proposed to cut on the wrong answer.
- The question paper will be in the English language.
- Physics, chemistry and biology will have 25 questions each.
- GK and English subject will have the 10 and 15 question respectively.
For MD/ MS Courses
Type of Question: Candidates are assessed at a formal entrance-test on the basis of a suitably designed Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type theory paper.
No. of Questions: For candidates appearing for the MD/MS entrance examination, the theory paper consists of 250 questions pertaining to subjects studied during the MBBS course.
Subject wise Questioning and NO. of Question:
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Eighteen questions), Check NEET PG 2020 Application Form, NEET MD/MS Exam Schedule.
- Medicine and Surgery (Thirty-Six questions each),
- Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, Microbiology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Pathology, Pharmacology, ENT & Applied Biochemistry (12 questions each), and
- 6-questions each in Anatomy, Dermatology, Anaesthesia, Forensic Medicine, Physiology, Psychiatry, Social and Preventive Medicine, Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy.
Duration: The PGIMER Chandigarh 2020 examination is of 3-hours duration and there is negative marking.
DM/M.Ch Courses and MDS Course:
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be designed as it includes 100 MCQ type theory paper.
- Duration: Theory exam is of one and half-hour duration.
- Negative Marking: Negative marking is there for wrong answers.
PGIMER Chandigarh 2020 Reservation of Seats
According to national policy to promote the welfare, 22.5% of the total seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates in courses and 27% of total seats are reserved for candidates from OBC or Other Backward Class category for 3 Academic years.
And the 5% seats are reserved for candidates from rural areas for a minimum period of 2 years inthe MD/MS Course.
Total Seats in Different Courses:
|Sr. No.||Name of the course||No. of seats|
|1||B.Sc. Nursing and post nursing||93+62|
For the Sponsored/ Foreign National / Deputed Candidates
The sponsorship after qualifying the entrance test by the applicants is accepted from the following Institutions/departments only. Central Government departments/Institutions
- Central Government department/Institution
- Autonomous bodies of the Central or State Government
- State Government department/Institution
- Public sector undertaking
- Medical Colleges affiliated to a University and recognized by the MCI (Medical Council of India).
Apart from running various postgraduate courses a number of short courses are also available for the trainees who are deputed from other Institutions for specialized training and acquisition of skills. These courses are extremely popular amongst doctors working at district level hospitals or in private practice.
PGIMER 2020 Chandigarh Result
The result for PGIMER Chandigarh 2020 Admission will be declared within Twenty Four hours and available on the official website that means the result is computerized. All candidates can apply for it and heck the result.
PGIMER Chandigarh Admission 2020: The PGIMER Institute allows foreign nationals for various courses imparted at the Institute. For MD/MS courses, some seats for foreign nationals. However, there is no reservation for foreign nationals for DM/M.Ch. (Super-speciality) courses. Good knowledge of English language is essential.
Applying Process: The foreign nationals are required to apply through the Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi.
Entrance Exam: The candidates have to appear and qualify the entrance examination to get admission as per the given exam pattern. Separate merit list will be published only for MD/MS courses. And the selection is on merit-based as per the performance in the entrance exam.
Training without a degree will also be offered for the neighbouring countries. Foreign doctors will be provided with a high level of the training schedule and the doctors are awarded a degree on the basis of practical and theory examination.
Application Form Submission: All the Documents should be submitted and can be obtained from the Dean’s Office.