NEET Syllabus 2018: NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is an entrance examination for the graduate medical course like MBBS, BDS or postgraduate medical courses like MD and MS. NEET score is conducted by both government or private colleges in India. NEET-UG is introduced as a replacement of earlier All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and other individual entrance examinations conducted by the different institutions. Undergraduate courses at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education & Research in Chandigarh and Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Pondicherry are not in the preview of NEET as these institutes were set up by separate laws. Check the article below for NEET Syllabus 2018.
Check JIPMER PG Entrance Test 2018.
NEET Syllabus 2018
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), was first organized by the Government of India in the year 2013. NEET’s score is conducted by all government and private colleges for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. NEET was designed by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the responsibility to conduct NEET was assigned to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET-UG and NEET-PG are conducted separately for undergraduate and postgraduate courses respectively. The syllabus for NEET-UG and NEET-PG is designed by the Medical Council of India. Click here to check NEET UG (all details).
NEET Syllabus 2018 Download PDF
The syllabus for NEET is very wide. However, students have to complete the major science subjects such as physics, chemistry and biology (Zoology and Biology) from XIth and XIIth class. The students are advised to keep a command on these major subjects. If you want to download the NEET Syllabus (Latest) the click on NEET Syllabus in PDF Format. The given PDF file is mentioned and approved by MCI. The syllabus was prepared after exercising the syllabus designed by CBSE, NCERT and COBSE.
Biology Syllabus for NEET 2018
Class 11th Biology:
- Diversity in Living World
- Physiology of Plant
- Physiology of Human
- Animals and Plants (Structural Organization)
- Cell Structure & Function
Class 12th Physics:
- Genetics and Evolution
- Ecology and Environ.
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Applications of Biotechnology
Physics Syllabus for NEET 2018
Class 11th Physics:
- Physical World and Measure.
- Oscill. & Waves
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Power, and Ener
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theo.
Class 12th Physics:
- EMI and AC
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electro. Devices
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Current Electricity
- Atoms and Nuclei
Chemistry Syllabus for NEET 2018
Class 11th Chemistry:
- Periodic Table (Classifications of Elements)
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter-Gases and Liquids
- Some p-Block Elements
- Structure of Atom
- Redox Reactions
- Environ. Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Alkali and Alkaline earth metals (s-Block Element)
- Organic Chemistry (Basics)
Class 12th Chemistry:
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- General Principles and Processes of Elements Isolation
- p-Block Elements
- d & f Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Chemical Kinetics
- Alcohols, Ethers, and Phenols
- Aldehydes, Ketones & Carboxylic Acids
NEET Exam Pattern 2018
Following will be the exam pattern for NEET 2018:
- 180 questions will be there in NEET UG Examination.
- One-fourth negative marking is there.
- Each right question will be awarded by four marks.
- Botany, Physics, Zoology and Chemistry are the major subjects.
- The NEET exam will have to be completed in three hours. Check All Medical Entrance Exams in India.