Mumbai University Admission 2019
Mumbai University is one of the largest Universities in India having more than 700 affiliated institutes or colleges with various courses offered under 6 different faculties such as Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, Engineering and Sports. Courses offered by Mumbai University includes many Certificates, Diplomas, Graduation and Post-Graduation degrees, PG Diplomas and PhD programs in many specializations. Check Mumbai University Admission 2019. Check GLC Mumbai 2019 Government Law College.
Mumbai University Admission 2019 Detail
The university has a semester system pattern for all courses and the semester exams are organized twice in a year. October/ November month is for odd semester scheme and April/ May month for even semester scheme. Candidates can check the Mumbai University Merit list link on the official website of the university. The University has released the application form on its website. The candidates can click on the official link to apply. The candidates must apply and fill the application form carefully. The students should pay the nominal charges of the application fee.
Mumbai University Admission 2019 Dates
For Undergraduate Courses
|Availability of Application Form for UG Courses||May 31st, 2019 to June 15th, 2019|
|Submission of Online Pre-Admission Enrolment Form||June 1st, 2019 to June 16th, 2019|
|Submission of Filled Application form with Pre-Admission Form||June 16th, 2019 to June 22nd, 2019|
|The release date for First Merit List for UG||June 22nd, 2019|
Exam Date for LLM
|Deadline to Submit the Application Form||7th May to 31 May 2019|
|Examination Date||13 July 2019|
|Deadline to Submit Application for M.Sc Courses||August 6th, 2019|
|Publicizing the Provisional Merit List||July 7th, 2019|
|Grievances from Students||July 11th, 2019|
|Publicizing the Final Merit List||July 13th, 2019|
|Date of PhD Eligibility Examination||January 3rd, 2019|
|Deadline to Submit the Form||November 30th, 2019|
Institute of Distance and Open Learning Admission Date
|Availability of IDOL Application Form 2019||July 29th, 2019|
|Deadline to submit the application form 2019||August 31st, 2019|
Mumbai University 2019 UG Admission
All the candidates who have passed 12th class in any stream i.e. science, commerce, and arts. All the admission procedure will be based on the merit list prepared by the university. Most probably the merit list will be published on 22nd June 2019 (tentative).
After the release, the merit list candidate will take part in counseling section.
- UG courses in Science stream requires XIIth class in science side (Medical or Non-medical) as per courses chosen.
- For Commerce courses: Candidate should pass 12th class with accounts and maths as the compulsory subjects. Check ICT Mumbai Admission 2019.
- For Art courses: The candidate should pass 12th class in any discipline at least with minimum marks. Merit list will be declared for all streams.
Mumbai University 2019 PG Admission
Admission in PG programs like M.A, M.Sc. or M.Com. at the University of Mumbai is on the basis of merit list on the basis of graduation degree marks. The application form for PG courses will be filled at the official or centralized application window at mumadmission.digitaluniversity.ac.in. The University of Mumbai has published two sets of criteria for making Merit List. First one is:
For students from Mumbai University
- The students who have passed in First Class in UG course can also apply.
- The CGPA will also be considered for the selection process if the marks are found to be equal.
- The candidates offering two major subjects i.e. Chemistry as one of the subjects at B.Sc.
- In case of a tie in a, b, c aggregate marks without grace out of 1200/ 800 marks.
The merit list (Final) will be publicized on the official website of Mumbai University. And also displayed on the Notice Board University of Mumbai (in Post Graduate Studies Section) Fort, Mumbai 400 032.
For Students from Other University
Merit List for other university candidates from other Universities will be released with the Category 1 candidates for vacant seats. Candidates from other universities have to submit self-attested photocopies of all B.Sc. Mark sheets.
Mumbai University PhD Admission 2019
All the eligible candidates can take admission in PhD Courses after submission of application form online for PhD Eligibility Test (PET) of Mumbai University, and the admission process is followed by an interview section. Check the eligibility criteria before applying. Admission for PhD will be offered in two sessions Jan.-Feb. and July-Aug. Session.
Application Fee: Candidates need to submit the nominal application fees of 1000 rupees for General category and 500 rupees for the reserved category candidates.
Exemption from PhD Entrance Test
Candidates who have the following criteria shall be exempted from PhD entrance Examination/ test (PET).
- SET / GATE / NET / (JRF) qualified or teacher fellowship holder of bodies such as ICAR / CSIR / UGC / ICMR / DBT.
- An M. Phil. degree holder from University of Mumbai or any other university.
Structure of PhD Entrance Test:
- Total Marks: The total marks for Entrance Test (PET) will consist of 100 marks.
- Duration: Duration of 3 hours.
Syllabus and Pattern of Question Paper
- Syllabus: The entrance exam will consist of the subjects from PG Degree level of the University of Mumbai.
- Examination Pattern: The paper will have consisted of 3 types of questions namely – Objective type – 40 marks, Short answers type – 30 marks and long answer type questions of 30 marks.
- Passing Standard: Candidates have to secure minimum 50 marks and will be declared successful and ready to apply for Mumbai University admission process 2019.
Validation period of the result of PET 2019 (Ph. D. entrance test): The result will be valid for 03 years and candidates can apply for admission to the Ph. D. program within this period.
Mumbai University Distance and Open Learning Admission 2019
Mumbai University has started its own distance learning wing in 1971 with the aim of providing the science stream education through distance or correspondence. Click to know about ICT Mumbai Admission. An online application system available to apply for admission to Mumbai University Institute of Distance & Open Learning (IDOL) on the official university website.
How to Apply for IDOL 2019
- The graduate candidates can directly apply from the official portal with scanned copies of the passport size photos in prescribed format self-signed mark sheets of qualifying exam.
- The students from other colleges under Mumbai University who wants to transfer the admission to IDOL is required to submit “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” of the running academic year from the related college.
- All the Students from other university or board other than Maharashtra State board have to contact to the Room No. 108 (A), Eligibility Unit, Institute of Distance and Open Learning, Dr Shankar Dayal Sharma Bhavan, Vidyanagari, Santacruz (E), Mumbai-400 098.
- Fees can be paid online or through Challan
List of Courses Running in IDOL 2019
UG Courses: B.A. in History, Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology, Commerce, Education, Rural Dvlpmnt., Marathi, Hindi, English, Urdu & Geography), B.Com., B.Sc. in Information Technology and B.Sc. in Computer Science. Check IIT Bombay Admission 2019.
PG Programs: All PG courses including MA/ M.Sc. (Maths), M.Sc in IT, M.Sc. in Computer Science. MCA (Master of Computer Application), 1st Year, 2nd Year and 3rd Year admission in PG Diploma in Financial Management. And PG Diploma in Operation Research and Mgmt.