Lucknow University Admission 2018 Application Form: Lucknow University (LU) also known as University of Lucknow is a State University based in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was established in the year 1921. Lucknow University’s old campus is in Badshah Nagar, University Road area of the city. It is one of the oldest government-owned institutions in India. Check Courses after 12th Class (Scope and Salary).
LU is organised in more than 146 colleges, located around the city and nearby areas. LU is affiliated to UGC, AIU, NAAC, BCI and other important organisations. Many notable people have been the alumni of the Lucknow University. Lucknow University offers various courses at UG, PG and Doctoral level. For admission to UG courses, LU conducts entrance exam and except professional courses admission to PG courses are done on the basis of merit. Check the details of Lucknow University Admission 2018 in the article below.
Lucknow University Admission 2018 Application Form
For admission to any of UG and PG course candidates have to apply online. The application form for admission will be available on the official website of Lucknow University.
- The application form for all undergraduate courses will be released by Lucknow University in the third week of April 2018. Check Delhi University Admissions 2018.
- The application form for all postgraduate courses will be released by Lucknow University in the third week of May 2018.
- For admission to MBA program, LU has released the application form on 18th August 2017.
The application process involves the following steps :
- Payment of Fee. Click here to Download MBA Brochure for 2018-2019.
- Online Application Form Submission.
Students will be required to upload the following with the Online Application Form:
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph.
- The applicant can pay the application fee can through Credit Card/ Debit Card or Bank, E-challan and Net Banking.
- For UG courses the application fee is prescribed Rs. 600/- per course for General/ OBC candidates.
- The application fee for SC/ ST candidates is prescribed Rs. 300/- per course.
- For PG courses general candidate have to pay 1000 rupees and SC/ ST category candidate have to pay 500 INR.
- MBA Program application fee has been prescribed Rs. 2000 for General Category candidates and Rs. 1000 for SC/ ST category.
Lucknow University Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for various courses are as follows:
B.A. (Hons.)/ B.A.
- For B.A. (Hons.) and B.A. (Pass) program candidates must be passed in Higher Secondary Class (HSC) or equivalent from any recognized education board.
- The minimum marks requirement in HSC is 40%. Check IGNOU 2018 Admissions.
- For SC/ST, candidates a relaxation of 7% marks will be given in minimum requirement of marks.
- HSC or equivalent with Commerce (stream) or Economics and Mathematics as one of the necessary subjects are the requirements for B.Com program.
- Minimum Marks: 40% for General/OBC and 33% for reserved categories.
L.L.B. (5-years Integrated)
- Candidates must have passed HSC or equivalent from a recognized education board.
- Candidates must obtain 45% marks in aggregate. Check BITSAT 2019 Application Form.
- ST/ SC candidates will be given a relaxation of 5% marks for admission to L.L.B. (Integrated 5-years).
B.Sc (Medical or Biology Group)
- HSC or equivalent in Medical Stream i.e. in Biology Group from a recognized education board. Check VITEEE 2018 Application Form.
- Candidate belongs to Gen/ OBC must have obtained minimum 45% marks.
- For SC/ ST candidates the minimum requirement of marks is 33%.
- Candidates should have passed HSC or equivalent.
- Candidates must have studied Math as the necessary subject.
- Candidates are required to obtain 45% for General/OBC and 33% for SC/ST category.
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Candidates must have passed HSC or equivalent with Math or Computer as the necessary subject. Check SNAP 2019 Application Form.
- General/ OBC category candidates are required to obtain 50% minimum marks.
- SC/ ST candidates required minimum 45% marks.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Candidates must be Graduate in any discipline for MBA program.
- Candidate must eligible according to CAT 2018 Exam.
- For General/ OBC category candidates the minimum marks requirement is 50%.
- For SC/ ST candidates minimum marks requirement is 45%. Check
Lucknow University Admission 2018 Important Dates
Below is the Admission Schedule for Lucknow University 2018:
Counselling Round will begin in
|Master of Business Admin (MBA)||For PG Courses||For UG Courses|
|1||Online Application Form for Admission to Lucknow University starts||March 2018||April 2nd, 2018||March 19th, 2018|
|2||Deadline for submission of Application Form for Lucknow University||10th May 2018|| without late fee: 10th May 2018|
With late fee: May 15th, 2018
|without late fee: 15th April 2018|
With late fee: April 20th, 2018
|3||Admit Card will be Unleashed on||25th May 2018||May 25th, 2018||April 25th, 2018|
|4||Entrance Examination||2 June, 3rd June to 7th June 2018.||June 4th to 11th, 2018||May 2nd to 10th, 2018|
|5||Result||June 28th, 2018||Juen 28, 2018||May 25, 2018|
|6||July 2nd to 9th, 2018.||2nd to 9th July 2018||June 11 to 30, 2018|
Lucknow University Admission 2018 Examination Pattern
- The entrance exam of Lucknow University will be of objective type i.e. there will be Multiple Choice Type Questions asked in the examination.
- The question paper will comprise 100 questions.
- Total Time Duration for entrance exam will be 1 Hour 30 Minutes.
- For the correct answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks and for an incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Lucknow University 2018 Entrance exam Syllabus
The syllabus for different entrance examinations will be according to the specific stream of study. The syllabus for UG and PG entrance test will be predefined by the authority. The entrance exam related information with syllabus will be available on the official website of the University. Check GATE 2019 Application Form.
Lucknow University Admission Admit Card 2018
Admit Card for Lucknow University entrance exam will be available online on the official website of the university. Candidates can download the admit card with the help of registration number and password. Candidates will be required to produce the admit card at the examination centre on the day of the examination. Check NEET 2019 Application Form.
Lucknow University Admission Result 2018
Those who clear the entrance exam will be given space on the merit list. The merit list will be prepared rank wise. Candidates can check the result on the official website of Lucknow University, i.e., www.lkouniv.ac.in. Candidates whose name or roll number appear in the merit list will be called for the admission. Check JEE Main 2019 Application Form.
How to Apply
- Go to the official website (http://admission.lkouniv.ac.in) and search for the desired course.
- Complete the registration process by providing relevant details (Fields cannot be modified later).
- Enter personal details.
- Enter educational details with marks obtained.
- Fill entrance exam details (CAT/ JEE Main/ NEET, etc.).
- Now preview the details on the application form.
- Now pay the application fee.
- Now print the application form.