JNVST 6th Class Admission 2020: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are in every state of India except Tamil Nadu. JNVs were founded by the Government of India. JNVs are co-educational and fully residential schools works under Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. These schools impart education on CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) pattern. These schools are established in every district of India a part of the National Policy on Education 1986. For admission to any of the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, candidates have to clear Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test. Candidates in this article can check the JNVST 6th Class Admission 2020. Also, the documents and certificates required at the time of admission.
JNVST 6th Class Admission 2020
For admission to JNVs students have to qualify the JNVST (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test). JNVST is conducted once at the time of admission to 6th class and at the time of admission to 10th class. The entrance exam or JNVST is designed and conducted by the CBSE. Only 80 meritorious students are selected for admission in each JNV. JNVST is conducted thrice in a year. A candidate can apply for it only once in a year during his/ her 5th class. JNVST is a highly competitive exam. JNVs provides reservation as per NVS policy under which only SC and ST candidates are provided reservation benefits. Check JNVST 6th Class Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria in the next section of the article. Check JNVST Syllabus & Exam Pattern here.
JNVST 6th Class Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for appearing in JNVST are as follows:
- Only those candidates will be eligible for admission if there is a JNV in the district where candidates belong to. However if in any case, the district gets bifurcated post the establishment of JNV then the old boundaries of the district will be considered.
- Candidates must be born on or before 01-05-2005 and after 30-04-2009 for admission to 6th class in the academic year 2020-21. For the same candidates have to provide a valid proof if any doubt arises then a medical test will be conducted on the candidate for age verification.
- A candidate who is appearing for JNVST must be studying in the 5th class for the academic year 2017-2018. Check JNVST 2020 Admissions.
- Candidates seeking admission under rural category must have studied 3rd, 4th and 5th classes in government-aided schools. The school must be located in a rural area.
- Candidates who will be passing B certificate competency course form NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) on or before 30th Sep. 2018 are also eligible to appear in JNVST.
- Candidates who don’t pass the 5th class before 15th September 2018 will not be eligible to appear in JNVST.
- A candidate can not appear for JNVST second time.
JNVST 6th Class Admission 2020 Documents & Certificates Required
All the students who will get selected for the admission in the school will need to submit some sort of documents. At the time of admission to 6th class following documents will be required:
- 5th class Passing Certificate.
- Migration Certificate. Check JNVST Result 2020.
- Rural Certificate (If candidate belongs to rural area).
- Disability Certificate (if applicable).
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- Category Certificate (for SC/ ST students).
- Residential Certificate.
- Birth Proof.
- Certificate by the head of the school from where 5th class is passed.
- Parents/ Guardian Undertaking Certificate.