JEST 2020 Application Form
Joint Entrance Screening Test or JEST is conducted for admission to the PhD program and Integrated PhD program. JEST is conducted by several premier research institutes in India. Participating institutes give admission to candidates in a highly research-oriented PhD program. JEST 2020 will be held for two subjects only, viz. Physics and Theoretical Computer Science/ Neuro Science/ Computational Biology. By Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) JEST is recognized as National Eligibility Test (NET). Check the details of JEST application form and important dates in the article given below.
Joint Entrance Screening Test admission authority will make the application forms for the ease of candidates in online mode. Aspirants no longer need to face the rigorous offline process for the JEST application form.
It is expected that for JEST 2020, the application form will be released in the third week of November 2019. Candidates can fill the online application form on the official website i.e., www.jest.org.in. Candidates have to fill the general details on the application form like:
- Father Name.
- Mother Name.
- Date of Birth.
- Educational Qualifications.
- Aadhar Card Number (Not Mandatory).
- Mobile Number (Mandatory).
- E-Mail Id (Mandatory) etc.
Candidates also have to upload the signature and recent passport size photograph on the online application form. It is also necessary to upload the mark sheet of 10th, 12th and graduation degree with the online application form.
JEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
As we know that the test is organised for admission in PhD programs by various research institutes. So the eligibility criteria for the exam will be the relevant post graduation course. There are many courses are available in which the students can take admission.
- Integrated M.Tech – PhD Programme at IIA.
- Integrated PhD Programme at IISER.
- Integrated PhD Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMS.
- Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech – Ph.D Programme (Physics).
- PhD in Computational Biology at IMSc.
- PhD in Neuroscience at NBRC.
- PhD Programme Physics.
- PhD in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc.
JEST 2020 Application Fee
The details of application fee are as follows:
- The Application fee of Joint Entrance Screening Test 2020 can be paid via online mode.
- Candidates can use Net Banking or Credit Card/ Debit Card for the payment of the application fee.
- The application fee for the candidates belonging to General/OBC category candidates is Rs. 300.
- SC/ST category candidates have to pay Rs. 150 for the application fee.
JEST 2020 Important Dates
Candidates must prepare for JEST as per the schedule of the examination. Check REAP 2020 Application Form. Important dates for Joint Entrance Screening Test 2020 are as follows:
|1||Starting Date of Online Application Form For JEST 2020||December 2019 (Tentative)|
|2||Deadline for the Submission of Online Application Form for JEST 2020||15 December 2019 (Tentative)|
|3||Availability of Admit Card For JEST 2020||25th of January 2020|
|4||Date of Examination of JEST 2020||17th of February 2020 (Tentative)|
|5||Declaration of Result of JEST 2020||In March 2020 (Tentative)|
JEST Exam Pattern 2020
- The exam will be done on OMR sheet (offline).
- JEST 2020 exam will of three hours in duration.
- The question paper will have two parts such as part one and part two having twenty-five questions each.
- In part one each question will be of three marks and in part two each question will be of one mark each.
JEST 2020 Syllabus
The test will be on the basis of graduation and post-graduation.
The theoretical Computer science paper includes analytical Reasoning and Deduction, Data Structures and Algorithms, Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Discrete Mathematics, Principles of Programming.
The questions for physics will be from the topics as Mathematical Methods, Classical Mechanics, and Electronics, Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetism and Optics, Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics.
JEST Admit Card 2020
Admit cards for Joint Entrance Screening Test will be released online on the official website of the JEST conducting authority i.e., www.jest.org.in. Admit Cards will be available from the fourth week of the January. Candidates can get the print out of the admit card by simply putting their registration number. Admit Card of a candidate contains following details:
- Name of the Candidate.
- Date of Birth of the Candidate.
- Examination Date.
- Duration of Examination.
- Address of the Examination Venue.
Candidates have to bring admit card at the examination venue along with a valid photo ID proof.
JEST Examination 2020
JEST examination will be held in the fourth week of the February 2020. Candidates should reach the examination centre about 30 minutes before the examination. Candidates must carry one Photo-ID proof along with the Admit Card at the time of examination. During the examination, candidates can be asked multiple time for checking of admit card. No electronic gadgets like Mobile Phone, Calculator etc will be allowed inside the examination hall. Candidates have to bring their own stationery needed for writing in the examination.
JEST Result 2020
The result of the candidates will be available on the official website, www.jest.org.in. The result card will contain the marks secured by the candidate. The result will be declared in the month of March 2020. Candidates must keep a printed copy of the result.
How to Fill JEST 2020 Application Form
Candidates can follow the steps given below for successful submission of Online Application Form.
- Visit www.jest.org.in.
- Click on Online Application Form option.
- Fill the required details.
- Cross-Check the online Application Form.
- Proceed for payment of Application Fee.
- Submit the Application Form.
- Keep the printed copy for the further reference.
Disclaimer: Entrancedisha (www.entrancedisha.com) objective is to give an idea to the students of the nature of the examination so that the students can prepare well for the examination coming ahead. However, we have tried to make the information as precise as possible. For any discrepancy, Entrancedisha will not be responsible.