JEE Main Syllabus 2018: It is a national level exam conducted by CBSE for admissions in various engineering colleges of India. This exam is conducted in two stages i.e JEE Main & JEE Advanced. JEE Main exam is considered as the exam for admission in India whether JEE Advanced is considered as an international level exam. Check Top Engineering Colleges in India.
JEE Main Syllabus 2018
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the responsible authority for the smooth & non-objectionable commencement of the examination of JEE Main 2018. As we all know this exam is a national level entrance exam so the level of question paper will also be a challenging one for the aspirants. The organizing authority designed the JEE Main Syllabus 2018 to set the question paper for examinations. Through this article, we will provide the most accurate syllabus to the aspirants.
JEE Main Schedule 2018
|Sr. No.||Event||Exam Schedule|
|1||Online registration starts on||1st week December 2017|
|2||The opening of the image correction window||2nd week (8th December) 2017|
|3||Online registration ends on||1st January 2018|
|4||The opening of Correction portal||2nd half January 2018|
|5||Admit Card will be available in||2nd week March 2018|
|6||Exam Date for the offline exam(Pen & Paper Base exam)||1st week (8th) April 2018|
|7||Exam Date for the online exam (CBT)||15 and 16 April 2018|
|8||Releasing date of Result||TBA|
JEE Main Syllabus 2018
The syllabus for the JEE Mains 2018 is prescribed by the governing authority. The JEE Mains question paper will comprise of the syllabus of XI and XII class. However, there may be a wieghtage differentiate is there when comparing the syllabus of XI and XII class in the question paper. We have given the syllabus for this exam below.
Syllabus of Physics
- Fundamental units.
- Basic Laws of Motion.
- Work, Energy and Power.
- Rotational & Circulatory Motion.
- Gravitational Physics.
- Properties matter.
- Thermodynamical Physics.
- Gas Theory (Kinetic).
- Oscillatory motion & wave motion.
- Static electricity.
- Dynamic Electricity.
- Magnetism & induction.
- Study of Electromagnetic Waves.
- Ray & Wave Optics.
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation.
- Atomic Physics.
- Semiconductor devices. Check JEE Main 2019 Application Form.
- Communication Systems.
Syllabus of Chemistry
- Basic chemistry.
- Study of Atoms & Molecules (Structure).
- Bonding & structure.
- Thermal Chemistry.
- Chemical Solutions.
- Equilibrium & its Phases.
- Redox Reactions.
- Chemical Kinematics.
- Surface Chemistry.
- Classification of Periodic Table.
- Isolation of Elements.
- Hydrogen. Check Exam Pre[aration Tips.
- s, p, d & f block elements on the periodic table.
- Nature of Compounds.
- Environment Chemistry.
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry.
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens.
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen.
- Chemistry in Everyday Life.
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry.
Syllabus for Mathematics
- Sets & Number Theory.
- Relations and Functions.
- Complex Numbers.
- Quadratic Equations.
- Matrices and Determinants.
- Permutations and Combinations.
- Mathematical Induction.
- Binomial Theorem.
- Arithmetic progressions and Series.
- Limits & Continuity.
- Differential calculus.
- Integral Calculus.
- Differential Equations. Check More Exam Preparation Tips.
- Coordinate Geometry.
- 3d Geometry.
- Vector Algebra.
- Statistics and Probability.
- Mathematical Reasoning.
Important: The syllabus provided above is the blueprint of the actual syllabus. The question paper will have questions from the above syllabus.
JEE Mains Paper- One (For BE/B.Tech.)
- 90 questions will be asked in JEE Mains question paper.
- Students have to complete JEE Mains paper in three hours.
- Students can choose the method of exam i.e. online mode or offline.
- Objective type questions with four options are there in the exam.
JEE Mains Paper- Two (For B.Arch.)
- There will be two parts.
- Part one and part two will have 30 and 50 questions respectively.
- Paper one will be from mathematics.
- Paper two will be from Aptitude and Drawing test.
- Only three hours are there to attempt JEE Mains.