Information Technology As Career: Information Technology or IT refers to anything related to computer technology such as the Internet, software, hardware, networking etc. People who work on these things are called IT Professionals. In today’s, time almost all companies hire IT Professionals. IT professionals have a variety of work to do such as regulating the speed of Internet for the organization, creating innovative applications and software, debugging the systems etc. Check below more about Information Technology As Career. Also, check Robotics As a Career.
Information Technology As Career
We are living in an ‘Information Age’ the term IT is already popular term among the youth and to some extent among the old people too. Almost everyone today is acquainted with the internet, e-mail and personal computers. Computers and Internet is no longer the alien to common people and hence the Information Technology. We all are directly or indirectly indulge in information technology. We use our mobile, spend time on social media, play video games, send e-mails all these things are given to us by Information Technology. Also, check Marine Engineering As Career.
Educational Qualification Required to Become an IT Professional
If we see the IT in context of academic perspective then-Association for Computing Machinery Defines IT as a UG or PG degree program that prepares students to meet the computer technology needs of business, healthcare, schools and universities, government, political parties, and any other kind of organization. Following are the educational qualifications which can help a student to make a career in the IT Industry: Also, check Thermal Engineering As a Career Option.
Diploma Program (3-years)
- Diploma in Computer Engineering;
- Diploma in Information Technology.
Educational Qualification Required:
- For both these courses, aspirants must have passed 10th or equivalent examination from a recognized education board. OR
- Aspirants who have passed the 12th or equivalent examination in science stream (Mathematics group) can get the admission in the 2nd year of the diploma program.
Following Bachelor’s Degree are helpful for the career in the Information Technology industry:
- B.Sc (Computer Science Hons)-3 years;
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application)-3 years.
- B.Tech (Computer Science/ IT)- 4 years.
Education Qualification Required:
- For B.Sc and B.Tech aspirants must have passed 12th or equivalent examination in any science stream (Mathematics group).
- Aspirants who have pursued 3 years Diploma in Computer Science/ IT can get admission to the 2nd year of B.Tech program through Lateral Entry scheme.
- For BCA one must have passed the 12th or equivalent examination in any discipline with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
Masters’ or PG Programs
- PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application)- 2 years;
- MCA- 2 or 3 years;
- M.Sc (Computer Science)- 2 years;
- M.Tech (Computer Science/ IT)- 2 years.
Educational Qualification Required
Aspirants must have passed Bachelor’s degree such as BCA/ B.Sc (Computer Science)/ B.Tech (Computer Science/ IT) for admission to any of the above program form a recognized university.
Career Path In IT Field
The Information Technology professional field is categorized into two subfields viz Software and Hardware. Under software, individuals have to indulge in manufacturing, programming, testing, debugging, development, maintenance etc. Also, check Carrer/ Courses option Afrter 12th.
And, under Hardware individuals have to indulge in the tasks such as manufacturing, research, development, management etc. Other related works for IT professionals are Search Engine Optimization, Web Designing, Database Administration, Digital Marketing etc. Check Top Engineering Colleges In India.
Information Technology As Career Designations for an IT Professionals:
An IT professional can be given any of the following designation in an organization:
- Computer Hardware Engineer;
- Software Engineer;
- Information System Manager;
- Network System and Data Analyst;
- Systems Analyst;
- Database Administrator;
- Systems Administrator;
- Support Specialist;
- Computer and Information Scientist.
Apart from these, an individual can work as a computer teacher in a school, university and coaching centre. Also, a computer engineer can make a career in the government field. As government needs computer experts for their ambitious projects such as Indian Government’s Digital India project. For that, the government is investing a lot. Hiring computer specialists who can train the youth for future programs.
Information Technology As Carer Scope and Salary
IT is the only industry which has the potential to generate employment even at the time of recession. There will be always a need for information and development and IT industry has huge scope in both the things. The flow of information because of developments in the IT industry has become so fast and hence there is a need for more and more IT professionals.
An Information Technology professional in starting can earn from 20 K- 30 K. However, with the relevant experience and skills the individual can earn twice and thrice of the basic salary. An IT professionals are offered handsome salary he/ she just needs to give the confidence to the organization that he/ she deserves better.