IIT JAM Syllabus 2019: IIT JAM or IIT Joint Admission Test for M.Sc is conducted on the national level. Candidates who want to do M.Sc from any of IIT and IISc (Indian Institute of Science) have to clear IIT JAM. The exam is conducted every year. The exam is conducted by IITs and IISc on a rotation basis. Candidates can get admission to M.Sc, Integrated PhD and M.Sc PhD dual degree through IIT JAM. It is a highly competitive exam and candidates have to prepare so well to clear this exam. In this article, candidates can check the detail of IIT JAM Syllabus. Also, check JNU CEEB (Jawaharlal University Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology).
IIT JAM Syllabus 2019
The syllabus for IIT JAM exam includes Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject up to graduation level. Candidates must prepare from the best study materials available. Candidates must clear all concepts from the NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) books. The study material and books are available in the markets. Candidates can also seek the help of educational websites. There is the various educational website which provides sample papers, previous years papers and mock tests. By solving the sample papers/ previous years question papers candidates can increase the speed and efficiency of solving the exam. Also, check Medical Courses In India.
IIT JAM Subjects Mentioned
The IIT JAM Syllabus given below is as per the official syllabus provided by the official sources. Check details on IIT JAM Syllabus 2019, Check Exam Pattern, Subjects, Marking… The question paper of IIT JAM will be designed & maintained from the subjects given below.
- Biological Sciences;
- Mathematical Statistics;
- General Biology
- Biochemistry and Physiology
- Basic Biotechnology
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
- Atomic Structure
- Chemistry of Functional Groups
- Theory of Gases
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical and Phase Equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Aromaticity and Huckel’s rule
- Organic Reaction Mechanism and Synthetic Applications
- Natural Products Chemistry
- Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Qualitative Organic Analysis
- Chemical Bonding and Shapes of Compounds
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical World and Measurement
- Kinematics, Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Current electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations
- Atomic Nucleus
- Solids and Semiconductor Devices
- Principles of Communication
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations & Waves.
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Vector Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
- Linear Programming
- Elements of computers
- Number systems
- Basic electronic gates
- Boolean algebra
- The algorithmic approach to solving problems
- Fundamentals of C language
- The Planet Earth
- Structural Geology
- Economic Geology
- Applied Geology
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019
IIT JAM exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of conduct: Exam will be commenced in CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
- The medium of Exam: Medium of question paper will be the English language.
- Duration of Exam: Exam will be commenced in 180 minutes.
- Number Of Questions: 60 Questions will be there in the IIT JAM question paper.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in practice as per the authority.
No. of questions will be mentioned in the exam as follows: –
|Sr. No.||Sections-Wise Names||Type of Questions||No. of Ques.|
|1.||Section – 1||Multiple Choice Questions||30|
|2.||Section – 2||Multiple Choice Questions||10|
|3.||Section – 3||Numerical Answer Type||20|
Download/ Access IIT JAM Syllabus 2019
- The candidates can get the latest syllabus on the official site.
- The website is http://jam.iitb.ac.in/.
- The students must be well familiar with the organising authority website.
- The official prospectus will be there which will contain the Syllabus details.
- The Official PDF File for IIT JAM Admission is here.
- Downloads it and get details.