IIT Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019: Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad or IITH or IIT Hyderabad is one of the 23 IITs in India. It is a public engineering and research institute. It is located ate Sangareddy district, Telangana. The institute was established in the year 2008. Ministry of HRD, Government of India established it under Institute of Technologies Act 2011. The institute offers courses at UG PG and at the doctoral level. Candidates can check the detail of IIT Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019 below in the article. Also, check the detail of IIT Triputi Admission details.
IIT Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019
IIT Hyderabad was ranked 196th in Asia by QS World University Rankings in 2018. The university has following fourteen academic departments:
- Dep. of Biomedical Engineering;
- Dep. of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering;
- Dep. of Physics;
- Dep. of Materials Science & Metallurgical Engineering;
- Dep. of Mathematics;
- Dep. of Computer Science & Engineering;
- Dep. of Biotechnology;
- Dep. of Chemical Engineering;
- Dep. of Chemistry;
- Dep. of Civil Engineering;
- Dep. of Electrical Engineering;
- Dep. of Engineering Science;
- Dep. of Liberal Arts.
The institute offers B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Des and PhD program through the above-mentioned departments. Let us know about the admission process of different programs the institute offers.
IIT Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019 B.Tech Course
Following departments of IIT Hyderabad offer B.Tech programs:
- Dep. of Civil Engg.;
- Dep. of Material Science and Metallurgical Engg.;
- Dep. of Mechanical & Aerospace Engg.;
- Dep. of Computer Science & Engg.;
- Dep. of Electrical Engg.;
- Dep. of Engg. Science;
- Dep. of Engg. Physics and;
- Dep. of Chemical Engg.
The B.Tech program is of four years duration. The admission to B.Tech course is made on the basis of two-tier JEE exam. Candidates have to clear JEE Advanced for admission. Only those candidates can appear in the JEE Advanced who have cleared JEE Main and have also secured equal or more marks than the cut off decided for qualification in JEE Advanced. Candidates have to select IIT Hyderabad as one of the choices of admission to the B.Tech program during the choice filling round of the central counselling which will be organized for the allotment of the seats.
IIT Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019 M.Tech Course
Following departments of IIT Hyderabad offer M.Tech programs:
- Dept. of Biomedical Engg.;
- Dept. of Materials Sc & Metallurgical Engg.;
- Dept. of Mechanical & Aerospace Engg.;
- Dept. of Biotechnology;
- Dept. of Civil Engg.;
- Dept. of Com Sc & Engg.;
- Dept. of Chemical Engg. and;
- Dept. of Electrical Engg.
The admission to the M.Tech program is made on the basis of GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering). The Institute will conduct the interview for the shortlisted candidates. The final selection of a candidate will be done on the basis of GATE score and performance in the interview round.
IIT Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019 M.Sc Course
Candidates who seek admission to M.Sc program at IIT Hyderabad have to appear in the JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) entrance exam. The exam is conducted each year for admission to M.Sc program at any of the IITs. IIT Hyderabad offers the M.Sc program in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics subjects. Candidates have to take part in the counselling process for the allotment of seat. The admission to IIT Hyderabad depends upon the candidate’s score in the JAM, choice-filled and availability of seats.
IIT Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019 M.Des Course
The Department of Design offers Master of Design course. The course is of two years. The department also offers PhD program in design. Candidates seeking admission to M.Des program must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject from a recognized institute. OR
- Candidates should have done 4 years profession Diploma in Design after 12th. OR
- Candidates must have completed Bachelor of Fine Arts (4 years) after 12th. OR
- GD Arts (5 years course after 10th)with one-year post qualification, experience PG degree in Arts/ Science/ Computer Applications.
Candidates have to clear CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design). Shortlisted candidates will have to appear in the Personal Interview round.
IIT Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019 M.Phil/ PhD Course
The Department of Liberal Sciences offers M.Phil program and PhD program is offered by all the academic departments. Candidates must have GATE/ NET score for admission to both the courses. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview round. The admission will be based on the candidates’ performances in the interview round.