IIST 2019 Admission, Dates, Exam Syllabus, How to Apply.
IIST 2019 Admission
The India Institute of Space Science & Technology is an institute which is dedicated to providing the candidates with the education & research of the outer space. It is a government aided deemed university. This institute is located in Kerala. The institute was established by the ISRO & Department of Space (government of India). This institute offers various courses in engineering, UG, PG & PhD in Space Science & Technology. The candidates will get the admissions on the basis of the entrance exam which is named as IIST 2019. It also offers admissions on various exams such as the JEE, ISAT etc. This article is all about the IIST 2019 & its various aspects. Check Carrer As a Pilot.
The application form will be available on the official website of the IIST. Candidates have to fill personal and academic details on the application form. Candidates must fill the application form before the due date. The authority will not provide an extension to fill the application form. Candidates also have to upload required documents with the application form. Also, check JEE Mains Details.
For UG Course:
- The application fee for General and SC/ ST/ PWD and women candidates is Rs. 250 and Rs. 125 per departmental code, respectively. Check the details of Symbiosis National Admission Test.
For PG Course:
- The application fee for Male (General and OBC) and Female (Gen/OBC) and SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates is Rs. 600 and Rs. 300 respectively.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee via SBI or Union Bank of India (UBI).
- NRI candidates can pay the application fee via Demanding Draft.
- The demanding draft should be drawn in favour of:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala (P.O.). Thiruvananthapuram-695547
IIST 2019 Admission Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria are as follows:
Eligibility for UG Courses (B.Tech)
- Nationality: Only Indian Citizens are eligible to apply.
- Subjects: Chemistry, Physics and Maths will be the compulsory subjects in XIIth class.
- Qualification: Candidates should be 12th class passed with 75% marks (65% marks for ST/ SC & PWD).
- Age Limit: General & OBC candidates must have born on or after 1st October 1994 and PWD/ SC/ST candidates must have born on or after 1st October 1989. Check the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
- Examination: Must qualify the JEE Main & JEE Advanced 2018 examinations.
Eligibility for PG Courses (M.Tech/MS)
- Nationality: Indian citizen is eligible to apply.
- Qualification: Students must hold BE/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.S. or equivalent degree securing at least 60%.
- Age Limit: The age limit is 28 years as on the last date of receipt of application. Age relaxation will be given to the candidates from reserved categories.
- Examination: Must have a valid score in GATE/JEST/UGC NET in the relevant area.
IIST 2019 Admission Exam Date
Candidates can check the official dates (tentative in nature) of IIST Admission 2019 for UG courses, PG courses & Ph.D. courses (January 2019 session).
For UG Courses
|IIST 2019 Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Admission Brochure Release||15th May 2019|
|Online registration starting date||4th June 2019|
|Last Date of IIST UG 2019 online registration||16th June 2019|
|Last Date for remitting application fee in Bank||June 2019|
|Rank list release date||last week of June 2019|
|IIST UG 2019 Counselling starts||1st week of July 2019|
For PG Courses
|IIST UG 2019 Events||Tentative Dates|
|IIST UG 2019 Online application release||2nd week of April 2019|
|Closing for IIST UG 2019 online submission of applications||1st week of May 2019|
|Last date for payment of application fee||2nd week of May 2019|
|List of shortlisted students for interview||3rd week of May 2019|
|Interview round||27th to 31st May 2019|
|Interview result Declaration||4th week of June 2019|
|IIST 2019 Counselling starts||1st week of July 2019|
For Ph. D Courses (July 2019 Session):
|Application Released||2nd week of April 2019 (announced)|
|Last date for form submission||1st week of May 2019 (announced)|
|Last Date of Payment of application fee||1st May 2019|
|Exam dates||26th May 2019|
|Interview Dates||10th & 11th of June 2019|
|Display of Provisionally selected candidates||June 2019|
|Classes Start||July 2019.|
IIST 2019 Admission Counselling
The counselling for UG and PG Courses will begin, form the first week of July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling round. For both, the courses candidates have to fill the choices for the courses. Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their choices and rank. Candidates also have to get their original certificates verified during the counselling round. For UG courses candidates JEE Advanced rank will be considered and for PG courses candidates written exam (i.e., IIST 2019 written exam) rank will be considered. Check Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP).
Documents Required for IIST 2019 Counselling
Following Documents will be required at the time counselling:
- 10th class mark sheet.
- Qualifying Exam Mark sheet.
- JEE Advanced Score cum Rank Card (for UG course only).
- The result of Written Test (For PG course only).
- The hard copy of the Application Form.
- Category Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- The application fee receipt.
How to Apply for IIST 2019 Admission
The application form will be filled in online mode. Candidates can follow the steps given below to fill the application form:
- The application form will be available in online mode.
- Candidates can access the online application form by clicking on the Admission 2018 link.
- After clicking on the Admission 2018 link, the application form will appear on the screen.
- Now, candidates have to fill personal and academic details, JEE Advanced Roll Number, JEE Advanced Result in the application form.
- Candidates also have to upload the signature and photograph with the application form.
- Candidates also have to upload the medical certificate (PWD candidates) and category certificate with the application form.
- Candidates after the payment of application fee via Challan should upload the scanned image of Challan.
IIST 2019 Way to get Admission
The candidates will get admission in the UG courses on the basis of the scores of the IIT JEE advance exam. SO the candidates have to carry the valid scorecard in the admission sessions of the institute. The candidates also have to carry all the certificates along with them at the time of admissions.
The candidates will get admission in the PG courses on the basis of the scores of the GATE exam. SO the candidates have to carry the valid scorecard in the admission sessions of the institute. The candidates also have to carry all the certificates along with them at the time of admissions. The candidates who will not have the valid scores of the GATE exam will not get the admissions in the courses of the institute.