IIMC Entrance Exam 2020
The Indian Institute of Mass Communication abbreviated as IIMC is the leading media study institution in India. IIMC was established in the year 1965. The headquarters of IIMC is located in New Delhi, India. IIMC today has five more campuses situated at Jammu, Kottayam, Dhenkanal, Aizawl, Amravati. IIMC is an autonomous society works under Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. The Government of India funds and promote IIMC. Candidate in this article can check the details of IIMC Entrance Exam 2020. Also, check Career In Journalism.
New: The institute has released the application form for various courses. Check the details below.
- PG Diploma in Journalism (English);
- PG Diploma in Journalism (Hindi);
- PG Diploma in Journalism (Radio & TV);
- Diploma in Development Journalism;
- PG Diploma in Journalism (Odia);
- PG Diploma in Journalism (Urdu);
- PG Diploma in Advertising & Public Relations.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2020 Application From
The Indian Institute of Mass Communication conducts All India Entrance Exam for admission to any of courses it offers. The application form can be filled in online and offline mode. The online application form will be available on the official website of IIMC. The offline application form can be got in person or through the post. Candidates have to submit the application form for before the due date. Also, check the details of Delhi School of Journalism Admission Process.
- The application fee will be submitted in offline mode through DD (Demand Draft) drawn on any scheduled bank payable to Registrar IIMC at New Delhi.
- The application fee can also be paid in online mode using credit card/ debit card or net banking.
- The application fee for General candidates is Rs. 1500.
- For SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH candidates the application fee will be Rs. 1000.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have pursued Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Age: Candidates must not have born before 1st August 1992 (SC/ ST / PH candidates should not have born before 1st August 1987 and OBC candidates should not have born before 1st August 1989).
IIMC Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates (Tentative)
The schedule of the exam will be as follows:
- Beginning of sale of application form: 20th March 2020;
- The closing of application form: 1st May 2020;
- Closing f receipt of filled in application forms: 1st May 2020;
- Date of entrance exam for journalism (except Urdu, Odia, Marathi and Malayalam): 27th May 2020;
- The announcement of Result: Second/ Third week of June 2020;
- Date of Interview: Last week of June/ first week or July;
- Final Selection announcement: Second/ third week of July 2020;
- Deadline for the submission of 1st instalment of fee: 3rd July 2020;
- Deadline for the submission of bachelor degree transcripts (if candidates fail to submit the transcripts then their admission will be cancelled): 31st August 2020;
- The beginning of the academic session: Last week of July or 1st week of August 2020;
IIMC Entrance Exam Centre 2020
The All India Exam will be conducted at the following exam centres simultaneously:
IIMC Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of IIMC entrance exam is as follows:
- General Awareness;
- Aptitude and mental make-up;
- Sensitivity to social issues;
- Ethics and values;
- Language capability including oral and writing skills;
- Analytical and comprehension skills.
IIMC Entrance Exam Pattern 2020
The pattern of the written exam will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of two hours duration.
- Maximum Marks: The written exam will be of maximum 85 marks.
***There will be Group Discussion and Personal Interview Round of total 15 marks.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be available in the online mode before a week of the entrance exam. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the conducting authority by entering the following details:
- Registration number;
• Name of the Candidate and;
• Date of Birth.
The exam centre details and roll number will be mentioned on the admit card of the candidate. Candidates have to carry admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam. Without admit card candidates won’t be given permission to sit for the exam.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2020 Result
The result will be declared tentatively in the third week of June 2020. Candidates will be able to access the result on the official website of the authority. Candidates have to enter roll number and other required details to check the result. The result will show the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam. Candidates who will qualify the entrance exam will be called for the next round of admission. Also, check The State University of Performing and Visual Arts (SUPVA) Admission Process.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection will be based on the collective marks of entrance exam, group discussion and personal interview round. Candidates who will qualify the entrance exam will be called for the group discussion and personal interview round. Both the round will be of total 15 marks making it to a total of 100 marks process i.e., entrance exam 85 marks and GD/ PI of 15 marks. The institute will publish a final selection list within a week of GD/ PI rounds. For the selection of candidates, the proportion of marks of written and interview will be 75:25. Also, check NSD (National School of Drama Admission Process.
*** The institute organizes a placement/ internship fortnight. In the even students are able to interact with the industry. However, IIMC doesn’t guarantee placement.
How to Apply for IIMC Entrance Exam 2020
Read the instructions given below:
Offline Application Process:
- Candidates can purchase the application form in person or by post.
- Candidates can request for the application forms by sending a Demand Draft & a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 70/-) envelope (27×17 cm).
- Candidates have to send DD of the amount of prescribed application fee along with the application form.
Online Application Process:
Candidates can fill the application form online on the official website of IIMC and also pay the fee online mode. The filled in application form has to be submitted to the institutes along with supporting documents.
- The candidates can submit one application form for either Journalism (Hindi) or Journalism (English)
- Similarly, the candidates can submit one application form for either Journalism (Urdu)/ Journalism (Odia)/ Journalism (Marathi)/ Journalism (Malayalam).
- For each course, there is a separate form.