IIM CAT Syllabus 2018: Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by IIMs on the rotation basis. It is conducted for admission to country’s best B-Schools such as All IIM’s, XLRI-Jamshedpur, SIMS-Pune etc. The syllabus of CAT may be divided into four sections such as Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability and English. Candidates have to pass all the four sections individually for clearing the CAT exam. This article is about the detailed IIM CAT Syllabus 2018.
IIM CAT Syllabus 2018
To crack the CAT exam, the applicants must have to well familiar with the details of the syllabus. The candidates cannot pass this test without making the preparation of the official syllabus. The syllabus is designed in such a way that only talented minds will pass the exam. Some candidates may have to try for more than one to clear the exam. The candidates who have a deep understanding of the syllabus can score the passing marks in CAT 2018 Exam.
IIM Common Admission Test consists of Four sections of the following Topics:
- Quantitative Ability (QA) or Mathematics
- Data Interpretation (DI)
- Verbal Ability and English
- Logical Reasoning. Check GATE 2019 Application Form.
Mathematics or Quantitative Ability (QA)
QA section consists of mathematical questions and 10+2 difficulty level.
- Ratio and Proportions
- Complex Numbers, etc.
- LCM (Least Common Multiple) and HCF (Highest Common Factor)
- Number System
- Time and Work
- Percentages (%)
- Profit and Loss
- Quadratic and Linear Equations
Data Interpretation (DI)
Following topics will be asked in this section. Candidates ability to understand data and problem solving is tested in this article:
- Venn diagram
- Graphs (Area, Line)
- Interpretation & Analysis of Data Based on Text
- Charts (Pie, Column, Bar), etc.
Verbal Ability (VA) and English
Candidates’ knowledge of standard English Grammar and Comprehension is tested in this section:
- Critical Reasoning
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Sentence Correction. Also get details on CAT 2019 Application Form.
- Fill in the Blanks
- Verbal Reasoning etc.
Following sub-topics will be asked in this section:
- Clocks & Calendars
- Seating Arrangement
- Direction Sense
- Linear & Matrix Arrangement,
- Data Structure
- Assumption. Check NICMAR NCAT 2019 Application Form.
- Coding- Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Logical Sequence
- Binary Logic etc.
IIM Common Admission Test 2018 Exam Pattern
Following is the exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: CAT will be conducted in Online Mode (Computer Based Test).
- Total Sections: CAT 2018 will comprise three sections of Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability.
- Number of Questions: There will be total 100 questions in CAT 2018.
- Question Type: Question Paper will comprise Multiple Type Questions (MCQs).
- Exam Duration: Candidates will be given 3 hours to complete the exam.
CAT 2018 Marking Scheme
Marking Scheme as per IIM CAT Syllabus is mentioned below.
- There will be negative marking in the exam.
- For each correct answer candidates will be given 1 marks and for incorrect marks, 1/3 mark will be deducted.
- Candidates final selection will be done on the basis of written examination followed by interview and group discussion.
- Only those candidates will be given admission who get a place in Merit List.
CAT Preparation with Syllabus PDF
The students can check here the complete details for the syllabus. The candidates can check the PDF file for CAT syllabus. The syllabus is containing the detailed subject wise topics and chapter names. You can click on the link CAT Syllabus for MBA. This link will show the detailed syllabus.