Hotel management & Catering: Hotel Management course is the most trending course in India due to development in the hotel industry. Hotel management is a term which can be easily applied when any guest comes to our home. After this, all the activity done by the host member may be considered in the skill required by a hotel manager. Hotel management includes not only cooking food but also includes welcoming, serving, behaving, body language, representation, etc. Check Career in All Streams (Science, Commerce, Arts).
Hotel Management & Catering Course
Hotel Management or hotel industry has bright future. This industry starts from restaurant level to a Five-star hotel and resorts. In high profile lifestyle, the hotel is becoming a basic need of the people. A hotel manager and his staff should be patience because they have to deal with people having different nature. So before taking a step towards hotel industry all the points should be in mind of the students. Raed the article about Hotel Management & Catering. Here we are mentioning some reasons why to go for this course.Check Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Admissions.
Creative Job: The job is always creative. Because they have to meet and deal with the different kind of people. The staff have to do something new for their guest every day. The candidates or students who want to go in the hotel industry should have creative skills.
Working Hours: The working hours for a hotel staff is not fixed. Rotational working hours will be there location-wise. The candidates should be ready for this time (working hours and style). There will be a different kind of working hours in small hotels, motels, inns and residential clubs. Check Marine Engineering.
Skills Required by a Hotel Manager
- Flexibility with a ‘can do’ mentality;
- Ability to think and make quick decisions;
- Logistical and numeracy planning skills;
- A friendly personality
- Energy and patience;
- A genuine desire or feeling to help others;
- A professional manner with a calm and rational approach in critical situations;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should knowledge of other languages.
- The ability to balance customer and business priorities. Check IGNOU 2019 Admissions.
Course Available Hotel Management
- Certificate Courses in Hotel and Catering Management.
- Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Craftsmanship Course.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM).
- BBA in Hotel Management.
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management.
- Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management.
- BA(Hons) in Hotel Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management.
- MBA in Hotel Management.
- Master of Science in Hotel Management.
What is Catering?
Catering is just providing food services in hotels, resorts, banquet halls, marriage parties etc. A caterer normally has his own team to complete the order. Basically catering is the term used in ships for the first time in the history. The students can go to the courses related to catering course. This course is also offered by the hotel management institutes. In the coming time, the future for the catering industry is also bright. Check BBA Course (Career Scope) to become a good manager.
Career in Catering
In fact, both hotel management and catering work parallelly and sometimes in a team. The students can go to the entrance exams taken by the hotel management institutes (govt. and Pvt.). The courses will be available in the same institute for hotel management and catering. A food caterer should have the following skills:
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to work quickly but efficiently.
- Stamina and enthusiasm.
- Good communication skills. Check How to Become a Doctor.
- High standards of personal hygiene.
Courses available in Catering
- BS in Culinary Arts Management.
- BS in Culinary Management.
- BS in Hotel & Restaurant Management.
- BS in Hospitality Food & Beverage Management.
- BA in Food & Beverage Management.
- AS in Restaurant & Catering Management.
- AS in Culinary Arts. Check
- Advanced Diploma in Culinary Arts & Restaurant Ownership.
Jobs in Hotel Management & Catering
For Hotel Industry: A hotel manager will get a job in reputed hotels. He also has an option to start his own business in the hotel industry. If he goes for the job then he will be paid a handsome salary up to 20 to 30 thousand rupees in starting. If he starts his own business then all will be depends on his skills and ideas. Check Robotics as a career scope.
For Catering: For catering, it is most likely to the hotel industry. A caterer can join a hotel or tourism industry. He also will have the good salary packages in starting (Hotel Management & Catering). The salary will depend on the cooking and other skills required in food services.