Genetic Engineering: It is also known as the technic of the combination of the genetics and biotechnology. This technic is used to separate & combine the different species genetic material or DNA. This technic is useful to alter the characteristics of the organism or can also result in the generation of a new species of the organisms. The students who have interest in the engineering of the genetic material or genetics can opt to study the course of the Genetics engineering. Various schools & colleges provide the courses in the Genetic engg. in India & Abroad.
The path to study the Genetic Engineering is also wide.Under this stream, the candidates will lead to study engineering like Cellular genetics, Eukaryotic genetics & various other courses of the Genetic Engineering. Genetic engineering also has a very wide scope after the completion of the study. Thus the candidates must check the possibilities of the Genetic Engineering, Eligibility, Scope, Salary & Jobs. In this article, we will enhance the candidates with the information of the Genetic Engineering, Eligibility, Scope, Salary & Jobs. Thus the candidates must check the various details from this article.
Genetic Engineering Eligibility
To get the admissions in the courses of the Genetic Engineering, the candidates have to fulfil some pre-requisites. Those pre-requisites are as follows.
- The candidate must have the passing certificate of the 12th class examination.
- In the 12th class examination, Candidate must have studied Chemistry, Biology & mathematics as subjects.
- The candidates should also have studied genetics as a part of Biology in the 12th class.
- The candidates having the bachelors degree in Science or Molecular Biology can also apply for the course in the Genetic Engg.
Genetic Engineering Way to get Admissions
In India, Some of the Engineering Institutes provide engineering course in genetics as a speciality course. But many of the colleges or institutes provide the genetic engg. course as the subsidiary of the biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry engineering. But to get the admission in the specialization course of the Genetic engg., the candidates have to clear some of the entrance exams. The list of Genetic engg. entrance exams is as follows.
- Assam Joint entrance Test in Genetic Engg. and Biotechnology
- IIT JEE
- ICGEBEE (International Centre for Genetic Engg. and Biotechnology Entrance Exam)
- JNU EEE
- SRM University Genetic Engg. Entrance Exam.
Through these exams, The candidates will be able to get admissions in the courses of Genetic Engg.
Specializations in Genetic Engineering
In the field of the Genetic Engg., the candidates will have the options to go for the specific studies in the Genetic engg. Some of the specific specializations of the genetic engg. (engineering) field are as follows.
- Clinical genetics
- Behavioral genetics
- Classical genetics
- Population, quantitative and ecological genetics
- Molecular genetics
- Genetic algorithms
Scopes & Salary in Jobs through Genetic Engineering
In this field, the candidates have various opening for the jobs in the private & public sector. In the public sector, there is a limited edition of jobs. Whereas in the private sector, there is a very wide range of job openings. The Job opportunities for a Genetic Engineer are as follows.
- The graduates of Genetic Engg. have the option to go in the medical sciences for a job.
- Candidates will also have the opportunity get the jobs in the Pharmaceutical field.
- The candidates also have the opportunity to opt for the higher studies in the Genetic engineering.
- They can also opt for the teaching as a career.
The assumptions for the salaries of the freshers opted the genetic engg. as a career are as follows.
- In public sector, the candidates will get the salary of INR 20,000 to 35,000.
- In private sector, the candidates will get somewhat higher salary than the public sector.
In other countries, the candidates will get a handsome salary package of 61,000 dollars as monthly salary. The moderation of the salary perks in abroad will be based on the initial knowledge of the field.