GATE 2018 Exam Pattern: A national level test to get admission in PG Engineering courses in IITs and a level of the institute in India. Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers is going to conduct in 3rd, 4th and 10th, 11th February 2018. And the application form can be filled from 1st September 2017 to 5th October 2017. All the details are now available on our website which is www.entrancedisha.com.
GATE 2018 Examination Pattern
- Duration of Exam: Duration of exam will be 3 hours. Morning and Evening session are there i.e 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM for morning session and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM for the evening session.
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be conducted online mode or computer-based exam is there. The screen of your computer will be shut down automatically.
GATE 2018 Question Paper Type
- Question Paper: GATE will conduct 23 paper in different categories in 2018. The candidate can apply only for one paper.
- Total Questions: The authority will ask 65 question paper in different sections collectively in the exam.
- Question Type: The candidates have to answer the numerical questions & the MCQ questions in the exam. CHECK Top Engineering Colleges in India.
- Common Section: GATE authority have a prescription of General aptitude section as the common for all the different exams of streams available.
GATE 2018 Marking Scheme
- Reward: MCQs & NAT questions will be awarded by 1 or 2 marks for each and every right answer.
- Negative Marking: The questions which carry 1 mark will be deducted 1/3rd marks as negative marking.
- The questions of 2 marks will be deducted 2/3rd marks negative marking.
- No negative marking is there for Numerical Answer Type Questions.
Exam Pattern for all Exams (Except GG, XE, XL)
- 25 questions marked as 1 mark for each question.
- 30 questions are of this kind in which 2 marks will be given to each question.
- 10 questions from GA (General Aptitude).
Exam Pattern for XE
- Only 10 questions from GA (General Aptitude).
- Section A will be considered as Engineering Mathematics. this section will have 4 questions of 2 mark & 7 questions of 1 mark.
- Any two sections from B to H – This section will have 13 questions of 2 mark & 9 questions of 1 mark.
To check the examination schedule of GATE 2018 Click here.
Exam Pattern for GG
- Part A: 25 questions of 1 mark each.This section is common for all the candidates.
- Part B: Part B has two sections.
- Section-1st is from Geology
- Section- 2nd is from Geophysics. In this part, 30 questions will carry 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from General Aptitude.
Exam Pattern for XL
- General Aptitude comprises of 10 questions.
- Section P Chemistry: It is a compulsory section to attempt. The section will contain total 15 questions (5 questions of 1 mark & 10 questions of 2 marks).
- Any two sections from Q to U: Total 20 questions will be mentioned in the exam. All the 10 questions of 1 marks each and rest of 10 questions of 2 marks each. Check GATE 2019 Application Form.
Note: All the candidates are advised to be in contact with the official website of GATE authority. The official website is www.gate.iitg.ac.in.
GATE Exam: Key Highlights
- In the examination, a rough paper will be given to the candidates on which they can perform some calculations.
- The questions will be properly designed in the specific sections.
- For MCQs, candidates have to just select the relevant option.
- An examination will be online form then all questions will have appeared on your computer screen at the same time.
- You can attempt any question at any time.
- A countdown timer will be there on your computer screen.