GATE 2018 Application Form: Apply Online GATE 2018 Application Form Registration, Notification from official Portal: http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/
GATE 2018 Application Form
GATE is an acronym of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an entrance test to get the admission in PG Courses in the field of Engineering & Technology.Through this test, candidates can get the admission into M.Tech/P.hd in various reputed colleges like IISERs, IITs, IISc etc. This entrance test is conducted every year and this also GATE exam was conducted. Now, It has prepared a schedule for the year 2018.
Submission of application form will start in 1st week of Sep. 2017 and last date for submission of application form is 1st week of Oct. 2017. If at the time of fill the application form you make any type of mistake then you can alter it in 2nd week of Oct. 2017. For any information also you can visit the official website.
Details of GATE 2018 Application Form:
- Name of the conducting authority: – IISc and 7 other IITs.
- Name of the Examination: – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Examination Date: – First and Second Saturday & Sunday of Feb. 2018.
- Official Website: – http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/
A detailed description of GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria will be given below:
- B.E / B.Tech / B.pharma.
- B.Sc Research / B.S.
- M.Sc / M.A / MCA.
- Check Top Engineering Colleges in India.
- Int. M.E. / M.Tech or Dual Degree.
- Int. M.E. / M.Tech (Post-B.Sc).
- Professional Society Examination Equivalent to B.Tech / B.E. / B.Arch.
The candidate who has the given education qualification in the prescribed format. Candidate should have passed the degree course, However, the final year pursuing candidate can also apply for the GATE examination.
GATE 2018 Application Fee:
|2.||SC / ST / PWD Candidates||Rs.750/-|
|3.||All other Candidates||Rs.1500/-|
|4.||GATE International Candidates||US$ 50|
GATE 2018 Exam Date (Official)
Exam Timing: The exam will be held in forenoon and afternoon sessions i.e 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
|1.||Starting date of submission of Online Application Form||1st Sep. 2017|
|2.||Last date for submission of Online Application Form||5th Oct. 2017|
|3.||Alteration in Application Form||17th Oct. 2017|
|4.||Admit Card Released||5th Jan. 2018|
|5.||Examination Date||3rd, 4th and 10th, 11th Feb. 2018.|
|6.||Answer Key Availability||After few days of Examination|
|7.||Result Declaration||17th March 2018|
|8.||Download Score Card||4th week of March 2018 – 4th week of May 2018|
|9.||Counselling Begin||2nd week of April 2018|
GATE 2018 Examination Pattern
The GATE 2018 Examination Pattern is given below:
- Duration of Exam: Duration of exam will be 3 hours.
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be conducted online mode.
- Number of Papers: GATE will conduct 23 paper for 2018.you can also apply for only one paper.
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions of 100 marks will be asked in the exam.
- Type of Question: In Exam, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Answer Type questions will be mentioned in the exam.
- Common Section: In the exam General Aptitude (GA) section is common in all papers.It will mention 10 question of maximum 15 marks (5 question of 1 marks & 5 question of 2 marks).
- Marking Scheme: MCQs & NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks for each question.
- Negative Marking: Those questions are carrying 1 marks will be of 1/3rd negative marking and Those questions are of 2 marks will be of 2/3rd negative marking.No negative marking provision for Numerical Answer Type Questions.
Exam Pattern for all Exams except GG, XE, XL: –
- 25 questions: 1 mark each.
- 30 questions: 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern for XE: –
- 10 questions from GA.
- Section A – will consider Engineering Mathematics.In this section total, 11 questions will be mentioned.7 questions of 1 mark each and 4 questions of 2 marks each.
- Any two sections from B to H – 22 questions will be mentioned.9 questions will be of 1 mark each and 13 questions will be 2 marks each.
Exam Pattern for GG: –
- 10 questions from GA.
- Part A – 25 questions of 1 mark each.This section is common for all the candidates.
- Part B- part B has two sections.Section – 1 is Geology and Section – 2 is Geophysics.In this part, 30 questions will carry 2 marks each.
Exam Pattern for XL: –
- 10 questions from GA.
- Section P – Chemistry.It is a compulsory section to attempt.It considers total 15 questions ( 5 questions of 1 mark & 10 questions of 2 marks.)
- Any two sections from Q to U – Total 20 questions will be mentioned in the exam.10 questions of 1 marks each and 10 questions of 2 marks each.
GATE 2018 Virtual Calculator
GATE Virtual Calculator will be provided during exams. It is an online calculator which contain all the operation & Functions for carrying out all the calculation. Candidates have to use the virtual calculator because No physical calculator is allowed in the examination hall.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
GATE Admit Card will be released on the official website. Admit card will be released in 1st week of Jan. 2018. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website. Only those candidates can download the admit card who have submitted their application form in correct manner. It is must download the admit card because you have to bring the admit card in the examination hall. On the Admit Card, all the necessary information are available like Name, Date of Birth, Registration No. etc. So please bring your Admit Card.
GATE 2018 Result
GATE 2018 Result will be released on the official website. The result will be declared in the 4th week of March 2018. Candidates can download the result from the official website. When result will declare then you have to bring the copy of result at the time of counselling because when you will appear before the selection committee then you have to show it to the selection committee.
GATE 2018 Counselling
Counselling is the final step to take admission in various colleges. To get the admission in IITs for PG courses, you have to fill the separate application form of IIT and need to appear for admission process and then GATE Counseling. NITs will conduct Centralised Counselling to get the admission into M.Arch / M.tech / M.Plan.Counselling will be held on the basis of Score Card of GATE 2018.
GATE 2018 Preparation Tips
The GATE 2018 preparation tips are well described in the article given by the team of entrancedisha in the prescribed link. To get knowledge for GATE 2018 examination preparation tips go for the given link.
How To Apply
- Firstly candidates need to visit the official website: http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/ or can get details from https://www.entrancedisha.com.
- Then candidates have to fill the application form through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System).
- Then candidates have to fill all the necessary details.
- Then upload all the necessary documents like Photos, Signature, Detailed Mark Sheet etc.
- Then submit it.
- Then make the payment of Application fee.
- At last, take the print out of application form and keep it for the future use.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering was started in 1984. GATE Exam conducted jointly by IISc and 7 other IITs on behalf of the National Coordination Board. Duration of GATE entrance exam is 3 hours. Its scorecard is valid up to 3 years. GATE exam is conducted in the English language. Every year a lot of candidates apply for the GATE exam but it is not possible to crack this exam by every candidate because this is one of the toughest exams in India. This exam is conducted over 660 Centres in India, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Srilanka, Singapore, and UAE.