GATE 2019 Application Form, Dates, Syllabus, How to Apply.
GATE 2019 Application Form
It is an entrance examination to get the admission in PG Engineering and Research Courses. The schedule for the year 2019 is ready. The test allows the applicants to get the admission in M.Tech/ PhD in various reputed IISERs, IITs, IISc etc. GATE is also known as Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Also, check SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam Details.
GATE 2019 Application Form Online
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering was started in the year 1984. GATE Exam conducted jointly by IISc and 7 other IITs on behalf of the National Coordination Board. Duration of GATE entrance exam is 3 hours. GATE exam is conducted in the English language. The GATE scorecard will be valid up to 3 years. Every year a lot of candidates apply for the GATE exam but it is not possible to crack this exam by every candidate because this is one of the toughest exams in India. Check GATE 2019 Exam Dates. This exam is organised over 660 Centres in India, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, Singapore, Shri Lanka, and UAE.
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- The final year pursuing candidate can also apply for the GATE examination.
- The candidate who has the given education qualification in the prescribed format.
- Applicant should have passed the degree course.
- B.Tech/ B.Arch: Candidate should have the engineering degree in XIIth+ 4-year pattern.
- M.Sc Research/ B.S An M.Sc holder is also eligible for GATE 2019.
- M.Sc/ M.A/ MCA The given degree holder will also eligible.
- M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree.
- M.E./ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc).
Nationality: Indians and as well as foreigners/ NRI can apply for GATE 2019.
GATE 2019 Application Fee
|Sr. No.||Category||Amount (FEE)|
|1.||For SC/ ST/ PWD Category||750 INR|
|2.||Girls Candidates||750 INR|
|3.||For other Applicants||1500 INR|
|4.||GATE International Candidates||50 US Dollars ($)|
GATE 2019 Exam Date
- Forenoon (Morning) Session 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon.
- Afternoon session 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
|1.||Starting date of Online Application Form for GATE 2019||1st Sep. 2018|
|2.||Last date for submission of Online Application Form||In 1st week of October 2018|
|3.||Application Form Correction||In 3rd week of October 2018|
|4.||Admit Card||In the first week of January 2019|
|5.||GATE 2019 Exam Date||2nd or 3rd week of February 2019.|
|6.||Release date of GATE 2019 Answer Key||After few days of Examination|
|7.||Result Announcement||17th March 2019|
|8.||Download Score Card||4th week of March 2019 – 4thweek of May 2019|
|9.||Counselling Session will start on||2nd week of April 2019|
GATE 2019 Virtual Calculator
GATE Virtual Calculator will be provided during exams. It is an online calculator which have all the operation & Functions for carrying out all the calculation. The examinee has to use the virtual calculator.
GATE 2019 Examination Pattern
The GATE 2019 Exam Pattern is given below:
- Number of Papers: GATE will conduct 23 papers for 2019.
- Duration of Exam: Duration of exam will be 3 hours.
- Type of Question: In Exam, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Answer Type questions will be mentioned in the exam. Also, check Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP).
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions of 100 marks will be asked in the exam.
- Common Section: General Aptitude (GA) section is a common section for all papers. It has 10 question of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 2 marks & 5 question of 1 marks).
- Marking Scheme: MCQs & NAT question will carry 1 or 2 marks respectively.
- Mode of Exam: GATE 2019 may be conducted online mode.
- Negative Marking: 1 marks question will be of 1/3rd negative marking.
- 2 marks question will be of 2/3rd negative marking.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions has no negative marking.
Exam Pattern for GG
- Part A: 25 questions of 1 mark each. This section is common for all the candidates.
- Part B: Part B has two sections. Section one is Geophysics and Section two is Geology. In this part, 30 questions will carry 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern for XE
- 10 questions from GA.
- Section A will consider Engineering Mathematics. In this section total, 11 questions will be mentioned. 7 questions of 1 mark each and 4 questions of 2 marks each.
- Any two sections from B to H 22 questions will be mentioned. 9 questions will be of 1 mark each and 13 questions will be 2 marks each.
Exam Pattern for XL
- 10 questions from GA.
- Section P is Chemistry. It considers total 15 questions ( 5 questions of 1 mark & 10 questions of 2 marks). It is a compulsory section.
- Any two sections from Q to U: Total 20 questions will be mentioned in the exam. 10 questions of 1 marks each and 10 questions of 2 marks each.
GATE 2019 Admit Card
GATE Roll Number will be uploaded to the official website. Roll Number will be uploaded in 1st week of January 2019. Examinees can load the Roll Number from the official website. Only those Examinees can load the Roll Number who has submitted the GATE application form in correct manner. It is a must to have the Roll Number in the examination hall. Check SNAP 2019.
GATE 2019 Result
GATE 2019 Result will be uploaded to the official website. Examinees can load the result from the official website. The GATE result will be declared in the 4th week of March 2019. Examinees have to bring the copy of result at the time of counselling in front of the selection committee. Check the details of Top Engineering Colleges In India.
GATE 2019 Counselling
Counselling is the final step to take admission in various colleges. To get the admission in IITs for PG courses, you have to fill the separate application form of IIT and should appear for the admission process and then GATE Counseling. NITs will conduct Centralized Counselling to get the admission into M. Arch / M. Tech / M. Plan. Counselling will be held on the basis of Score Card of GATE 2019.
How to Apply for GATE 2019
- Firstly candidates visit the official website of authority.
- Fill the GATE application form through the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Now candidates have to fill in all the necessary details.
- Then upload all certificates/ documents like Photos, Mark Sheet, Signature etc.
- Then make the payment of Application fee and submit.
- At last, take the print out of application form and keep it for the future use.