Fellowship Programs in India 2018: The fellowship is a short-term opportunity for graduates, postgraduates and professionals to improve their knowledge and research experience in a specific area of interest. The time duration of fellowships is lasting from a few months up to 2 years. It is offered only for graduate and post-graduate level. The fellowship is the way to improve the academic knowledge with the working experience with the university experts in selected fields of fellows. The focus of the fellowship is on the professional development of the fellows. Also, check Career/ Courses option after 12th.
Fellowship Programs in India 2018 Fellowships are designed to provide:
- Graduate/ Post Graduate/ Doctoral/Post Doctoral education in specific areas of interest.
- Advance research work on a particular point of issue.
- Help to develop community-based organizations.
- Facility to further explore a particular working area.
- An idea and training to support the development of the fellows.
Fellowship Programs in India 2018
In India, various types of fellowships are available according to different levels. Some fellowships are described below:
- Fellowships for the Graduates: Various fellowships are available for the graduate students in India. In the country, many government organizations, NGOs, and Universities provide the fellowship programs for graduates. These fellowships are for those who have completed their graduation.
- Fellowships for Post Graduates: There are numerous fellowships which are offered on the basis of qualification in the PG degree.
- Fellowship for Doctoral Programs: Candidates who are enrolled in a doctoral program have great chances to get Doctoral Fellowships. The fellows get the opportunity to use best resources to do research on their topic of interest. Fellows are also given financial aids to accomplish their research. Check more about Fellowship Programs in India 2018.
Check some of the important fellowships below:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Fellowship Program||Description|
|1||Fulbright Scholarship cum Fellowship.|| |
Fulbright fellowships are provided to postgraduate, doctoral and postdoctoral candidates.
|2||Lok Sabha Research Fellowship.|
|3||Teach for India Fellowship.|| |
Teach for India Fellowships are provided to the graduate students with zeal to take initiative to teach unempowered students.
|4||PM Fellowship Application.|
|6||Inlaks Scholarship.|| |
Inlaks scholarships are offered by Inkaks Shivdasani Foundation. The scholarships are offered to the Indian students who want to pursue their higher education in the USA, UK, and European universities.
|7||Cargill Global Scholars Program.|| |
The Cargill Global Scholar Program is designed to offer financial assistance to the students who want to pursue higher studies in the field of agriculture, business, engineering, international relations and food science. Scholars will be given financial assistance to pursue undergraduate programs in the above-mentioned fields.
|9||India Fellow Leadership Program.||India fellow program is a 13-months duration fellowship program. The aim of the fellowship is to engage youth in nation-building. The fellows are exposed to the social challenges which the world is facing today. Fellows are given a monthly stipend of Rs. 15000.|
What After Fellowships?
Before joining the fellowship program candidates have so many burning questions in their minds. What exactly will be the options after the completion of the fellowship? Will there be enough opportunities in terms of employment after the fellowship? Am I gonna my time and intellectual waste or invest? Don’t worry if you are struggling to find the soothing answers to these important question. First of all, we want to tell you that even getting a fellowship isn’t easy. Only a few from thousands or lakhs are able to get an enrollment into a fellowship program. You must be proud of you that you have got fellowships because you are going to do something innovative and beneficial work for the humankind.
Fellowship programs give potential to your CV. A recruiter will consider this fellowship as a skill which is rare for most of the employees. Also, the recruiter will offer you more remuneration than other employees for the same designation. Candidates also have the opportunity to do something new by themselves. Also, many a time the organization which offer fellowship program hire their own fellows for their organization.