Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2018-2019: Central Sector Scholarship or CCS Scheme for college and university is given by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. CCS is provided to meritorious students who have recently passed class 12th. CCS scheme was introduced in the 11th five-year plan.
Government discontinued all the previous scholarship scheme when introduced CCS scheme. Candidates are given scholarships on the basis of their performances in the 12th class and no separate test or exam are conducted to provide Central Sector Scholarship. Candidates can check the details of Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2018-2019 in the article below.
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2018-2019
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2018-2019 will be provided to the students who have passed 12th class with good grades. Only those candidates will be provided scholarships who belong to lower income family group. Reward to be distributed under Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2018-2019:
|Sr. No.||Course||Amount of Scholarship (In Rs.) Per month||Time Duration|
|Total Amount to be distributed (At the end of each academic year)|
|1||Undergraduate||1,000||3||Rs. 10,000 (Lump Sum)|
|2||Postgraduate||2,000||2||Rs. 20,000 (Lump Sum)|
Distribution of Scholarship
- The scholarship amount will be directly transferred to applicant’s bank account by using Electronic Clearing System.
- The candidate must have the account in any nationalised bank.
- To get the scholarship amount applicant have to provide the correct bank details.
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria
For Central Sector Scholarship Scheme, candidates must possess the following eligibility:
- Candidates must be between 18-25 years of age for CSSS 2018-2019.
- Candidates must be an Indian National for Central Sector Scholarship.
- Only those candidates will be awarded the benefits of Scholarship who fall in non-creamy layer category.
- Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Class or equivalent with good grades to avail the benefits of Scholarship scheme.
- For taking the benefits of Central Sector Scholarship candidates must have taken admission in a regular undergraduate course in any recognised Indian university.
- The family income of candidates must not exceed Rs. 6 lakh per annum.
- Only those candidates will be awarded scholarships who are not taking the benefits of any other scholarships.
- For Centra Sector Scholarship scheme candidates must have taken admission in regular course. Check AWES Scholarship.
Minimum Marks Required in 12th class for Scholarship is as follows:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Stream||Marks Required|
|iii.||Others (e.g. Arts)||315|
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2018-2019 Important Dates
Candidates must take care of dates related to Central Sector Scholarship:
|1||Scholarship Application submission deadline||31.10.2018|
|2||Scholarship Scheme for the submission (2016) of the First and Second Renewal 2015, 2016 Scholarship||31.08.2018|
Renewal of Central Sector Scholarship Scheme
Instructions to renew the CSSS are as given below:
- Candidates have to fill an online application form to renew their scholarship.
- The minimum marks required for the renewal of Scholarship is 60% at the end of the academic session (for semester system the aggregate marks 2 semesters will be considered).
- Candidates have to submit the proof of minimum 75% of attendance in the academic session for the renewal of scholarship. Check ALLEN TALLENTEX Scholarship.
How to Apply for Central Sector Scholarship Scheme (CSSS)
Candidates seeking Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) can apply online for it through the official website.
- The official website of CSSS is cbseacademic.in.
- Candidates have to fill basic details e.g. name, date of birth, parents name, e-mail address etc.
- Upload the scanned copies of original documents.
- For completion of the application, form candidates have to click on the Submit option.
- Take out the hard copy of application form.
Candidates have to send the hard copy of the application form to the following address:
Central Board of Secondary Education- CBSE (Head Office)
“Shiksha Kendra”, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110 092
Candidates have to attach the following documents along with the hard copy of filled online application form:
- Photocopy of Category Certificate
- Original copy of Family Income certificate
- Photocopy of mark sheet.
- Proof of admission to the undergraduate course.
- Photocopy of the front page of bank passbook OR one cancelled cheque.