CAT 2019: CAT is abbreviated from Common Admission Test. It is a national level entrance exam. Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) conducts CAT every year on a rotation basis. Candidates who qualify the CAT can get admission to the Top B-Schools of India such as All IIMs, SPJIMR, FSM, MDI etc. Candidates get admission to MBA (Master of Business Administration) and PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) courses through CAT. Candidates in this article can check the details of CAT 2019. Also, check All You Should Know About MBA Program.
CAT 2019 Application Form
The application form process will start in the second week of August 2019. The whole application process will be done in online mode only. Candidates, first of all, have to register and then log in to fill the application form. Candidates have to fill personal details, educational details, work experience etc in the application form. Candidates also have to upload scanned copies of signature, passport size photograph and category certificates to the application form.
- Payment of application fee is the final section of the application form.
- Like application form filling the payment of application form will also be done in online mode.
- Candidates have to use credit card/ debit card or net banking to pay the application fee.
- The application fee for General/ NC-OBC candidates is Rs. 1800.
- For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates the application fee is Rs. 900.
- Candidates also have to pay additional transaction processing fees. The additional charges will be as follows:
CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks (for SC/ ST and PwD category candidates 45%).
- Candidates who are appearing or waiting for the result of the qualifying degree can also apply however the admission will be given only if they full fill the prescribed criteria at the time of admission. OR
- Candidates who have passed profession degree such as CA/ CS/ ICWA etc are also eligible to apply for CAT 2018.
- Such candidates must have secured at least 50% marks (for SC/ ST and PwD category candidates 45%).
CAT 2019 Important Dates
The schedule of CAT 2019 are as follows:
|Sr. No.||Activity||Important Exam Dates|
|1.||Release of official notification for CAT 2019||First week of August 2019|
|2.||Beginning of registration for CAT 2019||The second week of August 2019|
|3.||Ending of Registration Process||Fourth week of September 2019|
|4.||Correction window for CAT 2019||Last week of September 2019|
|5.||Issuance of Admit Card||Third week of October 2019|
|6.||Date of CAT 2019||Fourth week of November 2019|
|7.||Announcement of CAT 2019 Result||Seconds week of January 2019|
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: CAT will be conducted in online mode i.e., Computer Based Test.
- Time Duration: The time Duration of the exam will be 3 hours. Each section will be of 60 minutes. Candidates cannot switch between the sections.
- Total Questions: Total 100 Questions will be on the exam.
- Sessions: There will be two sessions: Morning (9:00 Am to 12:00 Noon) and Evening (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
CAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit card could be downloaded from the official website of CAT 2019. Admit card is the official documents which contain important details of candidates. Only after verifying the details mentioned on the admit card the candidates will be permitted to sit for the exam. Candidates must hold admit card and one original photo id proof while taking the exam. Also, check Career As Cabin Crew & Flight Steward.
CAT 2019 Result cum Scorecard
The result of CAT 2019 will be released in the second week of January 2019. The result of CAT 2019 will be released in the form of percentile and section wise and overall scaled scores. To check the result candidates will have to log in to the official website. Candidates should download the result cum scorecard as it will be required during the admission process. The validity of scorecard of CAT 2019 will be for one year only. Also, check Career as Air Hostess.
CAT 2019 Admission Process
Candidates must know that mere scores of CAT 2019 don’t guarantee the admission. After the declaration of result, IIMs and other participating institutes will release the cut off for admission. Candidates can check the cut off on the official website of the institutes and can take part in the admission process of an institute accordingly. All institutes have their own admission process. Candidates will get admission accordingly. Also, check the details of Career in Auditing and Taxation.
CAT 2019 Expected Cut-Off
The whole application process involves two steps i.e., Registration and Filling of Application Form. Below we have mentioned the steps to register and fill the application form:
- First of all, candidates have to visit the official website of the conducting authority.
- Click on Registration for New User button given on the screen.
- The following screen will appear on the screen:
- Candidates hare have to enter the name, date of birth, e-mail address, mobile number, country and other required details.
- After that, candidates will get an OTP on the submitted mobile number.
- Enter the OPT at the given place.
- After that, enter Captcha and then click on the Submit option.
- Now, the user id and password will be sent to candidate’s e-mail and mobile number.
Application Form Filling
After getting User ID and Password candidates have to log in to fill the application form.
- Candidates have to click on Existing User button.
- The following page will appear on the screen:
- Candidates here have to enter User ID and Password.
- After that, candidates have to click on Login option.
- The application form will appear on the screen.
- Candidates now can fill the application form.
- Candidates have to fill personal details, educational details, work experience, exam city preference and other required details in the application form.
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of Passport Size Photograph and Signature, NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate and PwD certificate to the application form.
- After that, candidates have to pay the application fee in online mode.
- Candidates will then get a confirmation e-mail.
- The e-mail will state the successful submission of application form.
- Candidates can login to check the application summary.