Career As Cabin Crew & Flight Steward: What do you think when you see a flying plane in the sky? Don’t you get excited to be on a plane? If yes, then you must have thought to make a career in the aviation industry. Don’t worry if you are not eligible to fly a plane you still can fly with the plane as a member of it. One can make a Career As Cabin Crew & Flight Steward. The term Flight Steward is used for male professionals it is equivalent to Air Hostess. There is a misconception that boys are not preferred as an Ait Host. However, this is just a stereotype. Boys are equally prepared for teh job. Let’s check more about Career As Cabin Crew & Flight Steward.
Career As Cabin Crew & Flight Steward
Cabin Crew or Flight Attendants ( also known as flight steward/ stewardesses, air hostess/ hosts, cabin attendants) are the members of an aircrew. The professionals are primarily employed by the airlines. These professionals are given the job of taking care of the passengers’ comfort till the time passengers remain in the flight. Also, check Career In Hospitality.
Duties of a Flight Steward:
The most visible aspect of a flight steward job is to look after the passengers’ comfort, safety demonstrations and serving refreshments. Apart from looking after the passengers’ comfort and distributing refreshments a flight steward also have administrative duties such as taking care of passengers’ special considerations, demonstrating the safety equipment use. Helping passengers to carry on luggage and deboarding the plane. They also serve beverages and foods to the cabin crew. In case of emergency helping passengers’ to calm down and providing them safety equipment. A flight steward with his helping nature help airlines to make the relationship with the passengers. Also, check All You Should Know About MBA (Master of Business Administration).
Carrer As Cabin Crew & Flight Steward Courses and Eligibility
The minimum qualification to become a flight steward is Intermediate (12th) or more. However mere intermediate is not enough. One must have completed the any of professional diploma program in this field. Some of the hot courses are as follows which an aviation company requires for hiring cabin crews:
- Diploma Course in Airline and Travel Mngt;
- Diploma Course in Cabin Crew Services and Hospitality Mngt;
- Diploma Course in Aviation and Hospitality Mngt;
- Diploma Course in Airline Cabin Crew;
- Certificate Course in Flight Purser/ Air Hostess;
- Diploma Course in Tourism Mngt;
- Diploma Courses in Hotel Mngt.
The duration of these courses is 12 months and 18 months.
Candidates who are recruited for the job are first given at least 3 months training before the actual job. During the training candidates’ various habits are kept observed by the officials whether the persons actually comprises the tactics required to become a flight steward or cabin crew.
Some of the top institues are as follows:
- SpeedJet Aviation, Mumbai;
- Air Hostess Academy, New Delhi;
- Angel blue Aviation & Tourism Academy, Kochi;
- Avel Flight School, Chennai;
- Chennai Aviation Academy, Chennai;
- CR Aviation Academy, Delhi;
- Flying Cats- Airhostess Training;
- Flyostara, Mumbai;
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics, Ahmedabad;
- Kingfisher Training Academy, Delhi;
- Kingfisher Training Academy, Mumbai;
- Ligare Aviation Training Academy;
- Pacific Airways Training Academy (PATA), Jaipur;
- Paradise Aviation Management Studies;
- Sristys Aviation, Hyderabad;
- Trade-wings Institute of Management Ltd.
Personal Skills Required for Career As Cabin Crew & Flight Steward
Individuals must possess the following personal skills to become a cabin crew for an aviation country:
- Effective Communication Skills (English is a Must);
- Ability to work on rotational schedule;
- Friendly Nature;
- Should be a team man/ woman;
Salary and Working Hours
A flight steward can earn between Rs. 3 lakh to 5 lakh in the beginning. The salary package in public sector is less than the private sector. With the experience and skills, flight attendants can earn somewhere in between7 lakh to 8 lakh in private sector. The cabin crew working with international airlines can earn between 10 lakh to 12 lakh. Also, check Career In Journalism.
There is no fix time schedule for a flight steward. A flight steward usually works all the time in a day or night. In a week a flight steward might work for 48 to 55 hours. They also have an option to do overtime.
Job Prospectus for a Flight Steward
There are options for both public and private sector depending upon the individuals’ priorities. Both the sectors have their own recruitment policies. Also, check BBA Courses Details.
A flight steward can find a job in any of the following working areas:
- Government Airlines (Domestic and International);
- Private Airlines (Domestic and International)
- Airport Ground Staff.
Career As Cabin Crew & Flight Steward Top Recruiters
Top recruiters in this fields are as follows:
- Air India;
- Air Asia;
- Spice Jet;
- Go Air;
- Alliance Air;
- Air India Express.