Biological Engineering: Biological Engineers are working in the field of the health sector. The future and scope in this sector is bright. All the medicines and the related formulas are discovered by these engineers. The biological engineering is a science-based engineering biological sciences in the same way that electrical engineering, chemical engineering, and mechanical engineering can be based upon electricity, chemistry and magnetism, and classical mechanics.
Biological engineering uses the phenomenon of physics, chemistry and maths. In biological engineering study and research can be done at DNA level. The term is also known as bio-engineering. Here in India the biological engineering in starting phase. That’s why the scope is limited. However, the engineering study will be available in IITs. Check Military Engineering. After this, there are many areas of working can be distinguished as:
- Molecular Engineering.
- Nucleic Engineering.
- Physiological Engineering.
- Microbial Fuel Cells.
- Bioenergetics and Stress Factors.
- Energy System Engineering.
- Controlled-Environment Agriculture.
- Water and Soil Engineering.
As Career Scope in Biological Engineering
The Biological Engineering is a new concept. This field wants a number of discoveries to help the human being. So future in this engineering is bright. If there is good communication set up between IITs, health institutes, AIMS, PGIMS and research departments then the scope and career in India are bright. The main areas of interest are nucleic science, DNA, organ transplant and engineering machines required in the different process. Check scope of Civil Engineering.
Area of Research:
- Metabolic engineering.
- Industrial metabolite production.
- Tissue engineering.
- Biodegradation of polymers.
- Plant cell bioprocessing.
- Caffeine degradation.
- Membrane biochemistry.
- Reactive species in biological systems.
- Process chromatography.
Biomedical or Engineering Research Centres in India
Nowadays, there is a limited research centre. These centres are provided by the IITs. To aware the students about this course, students have to share this important information with friends. Diploma or certification courses are not available now. But a DMLT course can be done for testing lab purpose. The students can take admission in this engineering course after passing JEE Main exam. The main and important biological engineering institutes are given below:
- IIT Kanpur: Department of BioSciences and Bio-engineering (BSBE).
- CMC Vellore: Department of Bio-engg.
- IIT Ropar: Department of Biomedical Engineering.
- IIT BHU: School of Biomedical Engineering.
- IIT Delhi: Centre for Biomedical Engineering.
- IIT Hyderabad: Department of Biomedical Engineering.
- IIT Bombay: Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering.
- IIT Kharagpur: School of Medical Science and Technology.
- IIT Madras: Department of Applied Mechanics.
- Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), Bangalore.
- IIT Indore: Centre for Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering.
- General Electric Global Research, Bangalore, India.
Salary of a Biological Engineer
The salary packages are high for a biological engineer. The engineer can join any organisation relates to bio-engineering after academic education. Here we are giving you post wise salary in the relevant field. Future in Chemical Engineering. There are the following technical posts are available in this engineering field.
- Engineering Aid can be paid INR 28,000 per month.
- Project Engineer Medical Device can be paid up to INR 60,000 per month.
- Engineer (Biomedical) can be paid up to INR 77,000 per month.
- Supervisor Biomedical Engineer can be paid up to INR 93,000 per month.
- Biomedical Service Engineer can be paid up to INR 56,000 per month.
- Professional Engineer can be paid up to INR 27,000 per month.
- Patent Examiner can be paid up to INR 69,000 per month.