BHU Law Entrance 2020, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates.
BHU Law Entrance 2020: Banaras Hindu University, conducts entrance examinations for its UG and PG law courses. The university has released the dates of Undergraduate and Postgraduate law entrance exams. The admission to UG and PG law courses will be based on BHU UET and BHU PET law entrance exams. Candidates in this article can check the details of BHU Law Entrance 2020. Also, check BHU Admission.
BHU Law Entrance 2020
Candidates who wish to appear in the BHU UET/ BHU PET law entrance examination have to apply in online mode. The university will release the application form in the last week of January 2020. Candidates have to fill name, date of birth, address, father’s name, mother’s name, category etc. The application fee for BHU Law Entrance 2020 could be submitted in online mode. The university will not accept offline application form. Also, check BHU MBBS/ BDS Admission.
- The application fee for general and reserved category candidates is Rs. 500 and Rs. 250 respectively.
- The application fee could be paid in online mode.
- Candidates could use credit card/ debit card or net banking for the payment of application fee.
- Candidates could also pay the application fee via bank challan.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
For PhD, program candidates have to apply for CRET entrance exam. CRET (Common Research Entrance Test) is conducted by Banaras Hindu University for admission to PhD and M.Phil programs. CRET is organized in March/ July every year. BHU exempts JRF/ NET candidates form CRET.
BHU Law Entrance 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for various courses are as follows:
For LLB (Hons):
- Candidates should be a graduate from any discipline from a recognized university.
- Candidates should have scored 50% marks on the qualifying exam.
For BA LLB:
- For BA LLB course candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized education board.
- The minimum marks required in the qualifying examination is 50% ( 45% and 40% for OBC and SC/ ST candidates).
For LLM/ LLM (HRDE)/ LLM (Under SCS-Special Course of Study):
- Candidates should have completed or appearing n LLB (3 years) or LLB (five years) form a recognized university.
- Candidates should have scored at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- For PhD, full-time program candidates have to clear CRET (Common Research Entrance Test) conducted by the university.
- Candidates who have cleared NET/ JRF are exempted from CRET.
BHU Law Entrance 2020 Important Dates (Tentative)
Dates for BHU Law Entrance Test are as follows:
For UG Program:
|Sr. No.||Activity||Official Date|
|1||Commencement of Online Application Form||Jan 2020 (22 January)|
|2||The closing of submission of Application Form||Feb 2020 (21 February)|
|3||The release of Admit Card||Prior to one week of the exam (Available Now)|
|4||Date of BHU Law (UET) Entrance Exam||First Apr (for LLB Hons.) |
29th Apr 2020 (for BA LLB Hons.)
|5||Declaration of Result||First week of Jun 2020|
|6||The beginning of Counselling||First week of Jul 2020|
For PG Program:
|Sr. No.||Activity||Official Dates|
|1||The beginning of Online Application Form Submission||22nd of Jan 2020|
|2||Deadline for application form submission||21st of Feb 2020|
|3||The release of Admit Card||Prior to one week of the exam|
|4||Examination day||22nd May 2020 (for LLM (1 yr/2 yr/ HRDE)|
|5||Declaration of Result||First week of July 2020|
|6||The beginning of Counselling||Third week of July 2020|
BHU Law Entrance 2020 Syllabus
For both UG and PG entrance exams the syllabus will be different:
UG Entrance Exam
- Current Affairs
- General Awareness
- Legal Aptitude
- Mental Ability
- English Comprehension
PG Entrance Exam
- Constitutional Law
- Law of Contracts
- Law of Torts
- Law of Crimes
- Environmental Law
- Indian Evidence Act
- Public International Law
- Hindu Law
- Muslim Law
BHU Law Entrance 2020 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern will be as follows:
- Examination Mode: BHU Law Entrance Exam for both UG and PG programs will be conducted in pen-paper mode.
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions will be asked.
- Number of Questions: Total 150 questions will be asked.
- Duration of Exam: Total time duration will be 2 hours.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 450 marks. Check, BHU MBA Admission.
BHU Law Entrance 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be released prior to a week of the examination. The university will release admit card in online mode. Candidates roll number, examination centre, day and date of exams will be mentioned on the BHU Law Entrance 2020 admit card. The university will upload the admit card on its official website. Also, check BHU M.Pharma Admission.
BHU Law Entrance 2020 Result
The result of UG and PG law entrance exams will be released in the first week of June and the first week of July respectively. Those who will clear the entrance exams will be called for the counselling. Candidates will be offered seats on the basis of performance in the entrance exams. Also, check BHU Pre Ayurveda Entrance (BAMS).
BHU Law Entrance 2020 Counselling
The counselling for the law course will begin after the declaration of the result. Only shortlisted candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling round. Candidates have to produce the following documents in original at the time of counselling:
- Bachelor’s degree mark sheet.
- Admit Card (UG/ PG entrance exam).
- The result of UG/ PG law entrance.
- 12th mark sheet.
- 10th mark sheet.
- Category Certificate.
How to Apply for BHU Law Entrance 2020
Follow the steps given below to fill the application form:
- Go on the official website of the university.
- Click on the BHU UET/ BHU PET link given on the home screen.
- The application form will appear on the screen.
- Candidates have to fill all the required details such as name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, address etc.
- After filling the application form candidates have to press Submit option.
- After, that the application fee can be submitted via credit card/ debit card/ net banking or e-challan.
- Take a print out of the application form for further use.