Aeronautical Engineering As Career: Aeronautical Engineering is one of the two major and overlapping branches of Aerospace Engineering. Aeronautical Engineering deals with the study, design and manufacturing of those air machines (aircraft, rocket etc) which operates in the atmosphere of Earth. The term literally means “Sailing on the Air”, however, originally aeronautics referred to the operating the aircraft however it has been expended to include other aspects related to it such as technical, business aspects. Check Career as a Pilot.
Sometimes Aviation is interchangeably used with aeronautics. The people who work in this field are called Aeronautics. And the profession is called Aeronautical Engineering. This article is all about the Aeronautical Engineering As a Career. Go through all sections to know scope, salary, courses etc in Aeronautical Engineering. Check State Wise Top Engineering Colleges In India.
Aeronautical Engineering As Career
Aeronautical Engineers works for large aviation companies/ organization such as Boeing, ISRO, NASA, Indian Airways etc. In India ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) provides vast employment opportunity for the aeronautical engineer. Candidates can also look for the job in National Aeronautical Laboratory, DRDO (Defense Research and Development), Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL). Civil Aviation Department etc. Check Computer Science Engineering (Scope and Salary-wise).
Aeronautical Engineering Studies
Candidates who want to opt Aeronautical Engineering as Career must have a diploma, degree in this course. Only those candidates can get admission to aeronautical engineering courses who have studied science stream in 12th class. Check Electronics Engineering As a Career Scope.
Eligibility Criteria for Aeronautical Engineering are as follows:
- The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to any of the diploma/ degree courses in aeronautical engineering is 12th (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) or equivalent examination qualification.
- Candidates also have to clear JEE Main/ JEE Advanced or any other University/ State-Level entrance examination.
- For Post, Graduation Courses candidates have to clear GATE examination.
- PG Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
Here we have listed some of the top Aeronautical Engineering Colleges In India:
- Madras Institute of Technology, [MIT] Chennai
- Manipal Institute of Technology, [MIT] Manipal University
- BS Abdur Rahman University, [BSARU] Chennai
- MVJ College of Engineering, [MVJCE] Bangalore
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram
- Mohamed Sathak AJ College of Engineering, [MSAJCE] Chennai
- Immanuel Araser JJ College of Engineering, [IAJJCE] Kanyakumari
- Indian Institute for Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology, [IIAEIT] Pune
- Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Krishnagiri
- Jawaharlal College of Engineering and Technology, Palakkad
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Technology, [SVIT] Gujarat
- Agra College of Management and Technology, [ACMT] Firozabad
- PSN College of Engineering and Technology, [PSNCET] Tirunelveli
- Mahendra Institute of Engineering and Technology, [MIET] Namakkal
- MATS University, [MATSU] Raipur
- Srinivasan Engineering College, [SEC] Perambalur
- SV Institute of Engineering and Technology, [SVIET] Hyderabad
- Bhubaneswar Engineering College, Bhubaneswar
- Sri Jagadguru Chandrashekaranatha Swamiji Institute of Technology, [SJCSIT] Kolar
- Jaya Engineering College, [JEC] Chennai
- Punjab Technical University, [PTU] Jalandhar
- Parisutham Institute of Technology and Science, [PITS] Thanjavur
- Samalkha Group of Institutions, Panipat
- The University of Kerala, [UOK] Thiruvananthapuram
- Babu Banarasidas National Institute of Technology and Management, [BBNITM] Lucknow
- Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan College of Engineering, [DSCE] Coimbatore
- Jayam College of Engineering and Technology, [JCET] Dharmapuri
- Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, [IARE] Hyderabad
- SKP Engineering College, [SKPEC] Tiruvannamalai
- Nimra Institute of Science and Technology, [NIST] Krishna
- Khaja Banda Nawaz College of Engineering, [KBNCE] Gulbarga
- Hindustan Institute of Technology, [HIT] Coimbatore
- Manav Rachna College of Engineering, [MRCE] Faridabad
- Shri Annasaheb Dange College of Engineering & Technology, [SADCET] Sangli
- Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute, [DMGRERI] Chennai
- SAMS College of Engineering and Technology, [SAMSCET] Chennai
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology, [FET] Faridabad
- Gopal Ramalingam Memorial Engineering College, [GRMEC] Chennai
- Nehru Institute of Technology, [NIT] Coimbatore
- Mount Zion College of Engineering and Technology, [MZCET] Pudukkottai
- Hindusthan College of Engineering and Technology, [HCET] Coimbatore
- C Abdul Hakeem College of Engineering and Technology, [CAHCET] Vellore
- Bharat Institute of Engineering and Technology, [BIET] Rangareddi
- Mahatma Gandhi University, [MGU] Kottayam
- GURUKUL VIDYAPEETH, Chandigarh
Scope in Aeronautical Engineering
The two major employment provider in this field are happened to be defence industries and space agencies. However, candidates can also look the or job in the civil aviation sector and other related fields. Check Scope in Robotics Engineering.
In the beginning, candidates can earn around 20,000-25,000 per month. However, with the experience and required skills candidates can earn up to 50,000 or more. The salary appraisal depends upon the candidates’ performance, designation and employs’ dedication. Generally, the hike in salary is less in the government sector.